1 day left
- Job Type
UX / UI Designer
Reporting to: Head of Digital Product
Based: East Croydon
Finding your fit at The Gym is what we are all about and we're guessing it's what brought you here!
We're always encouraging people to take the first step and challenge themselves and you would be crazy to miss this opportunity to join our amazing Tech Team as UX / UI Designer
So, what's stopping you? Apply today!
What you need to know about us…
We're not like any other Gym company we are THE GYM, a place where everyone can find their fit and be their best. We hire real people with real passion, whose positivity and enthusiasm motivate and innovate. Our teams are friendly and engaging and they thrive in an environment where they have the flexibility to be awesome and to continuously develop and improve themselves!
We actively invest in our people… don't believe us? Check out our big shiny "Investors In People" gold award… now you don't see that every day! We are really proud of our teams and we promise to push them to challenge their limits and celebrate with them when they achieve new goals. They work hard, they deliver results and they reap the rewards.
By membership we are the 2nd largest gym business in the UK and the 4th largest in Europe. We are the only publicly listed UK health and fitness operator.
What you need to know about the role…
Our pioneering low-cost, no contract, 24x7 business model relies heavily on innovative digital experiences. All our members join via the website and our online self-serve tools are a key part of the member proposition. Our website and app serve well over 1m users each month and our digital offering becomes increasingly important as the membership base grows, and the health and fitness industry continues to embrace technology.
Over the last 3 years we've invested heavily in our digital presence, with our new platform winning prestigious recognition including a Digital Masters Award in 2018 and a Digital Experience Award in 2019.
The UX/UI Designer is responsible for designing a best in class digital experiences online, in-app and in-gym.
You will be working very closely with the stakeholders in commercial product & proposition, customer marketing, customer service, operations, finance and technology.
You will live and breathe our member's experience always advocating for their needs. Our UX capability is brand new so you will be breaking fresh ground and bring UX thinking to TGG! You can help build something great!
We will also consider part time should that suit your lifestyle!
- Help transform the TGG digital experience for our members.
- Understand and translate customer and business needs to guide our digital products.
- Work closely with our Trading, Commercial, Operations, Property, Finance and Technology teams to ensure our digital experience complements and supports the overall business strategy
- Work within our product teams to provide best in class user experience design.
- Produce a design system to guide our development and a high-quality interaction.
- Provide quality output in terms of experience strategy, usability and interaction design.
- Help build our digital design capability from scratch.
- Own and run user testing labs where appropriate.
- Be the recognised expert in all things digital design and experience!
So let us tell you what we are looking for…
To enrich our great team, we are looking for a UX / UI Designer, someone who embraces their role, the team and our culture.
You're perfect for the job if you are able to demonstrate…
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of multi-channel, integrated digital experience
- A fantastic track record of successfully designing digital product and delivering outstanding digital experiences
- Ability to think and plan strategically, while being detail oriented with a hands on/can-do mentality
- Strong knowledge of a wide range of UX and design practices, development approaches and testing tools
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced delivery environment.
- Interest in a wide range of digital technologies and innovation, and a great understanding of customer and market behaviour
- Self-motivated, charismatic, energetic, a great team player.