Senior Greenkeeper - Epsom
The Royal Automobile Club are looking for a Senior Greenkeeper to work in our exciting Greenkeeping team, made up of over 20 members of staff in our prestigious 350 acre Country Clubhouse.
Our team maintains and develops two courses, within an inspired, environmentally sustainable plan that ranges from course architecture and woodland management to the reintroduction of our own beehives.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Operate equipment for fine turf maintenance programmes that ensure quality and consistency
- Train greenkeepers and junior greenkeepers on equipment and procedures that are required for fine turf maintenance.
- Maintain open communication, ensuring all team members are well informed at all times and working collaboratively with other departments.
- Maintain standard operating procedures for the golf course against agreed Standard Operating Procedures and departmental policy
- Liaise with the Deputy Course Manager, Head Gardener & Head Mechanic on the upkeep and maintenance of estate grounds and gardens
- Maintain knowledge in relation to training and development
- Manage all operations in an environmentally sustainable plan
- Ensure all Health & Safety systems protect and promote a safe working environment
Our ideal candidate:
- Solid and extensive experience in Greenkeeping
- Agronomic qualification – NVQ 3 or HNC or equivalent
- Pesticide spraying licence PA1, PA2 PA6
- Demonstrable experience in leading and empowering a team
- Full driving licence
- Ideally experience in managing woodlands and surrounding areas
- Experience in construction and machinery operation
- Understanding of Health & Safety regulations
- Good team player
- Free meals on duty
- Free shuttle bus from Epsom station
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Staff uniform
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Woodcote Park in the heart of the Surrey countryside we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.