Food & Beverage Assistant/Porter
Hotel Food & Beverage Assistant/ Porter
Do you have Hotel experience? Are you both charming and hardworking in equal measure? An opportunity has arisen to become part of the team at Rhinefield House Hotel in the New Forest, where your talents will be encouraged to shine!
This role will combine working as part of the waiting team in Food & Beverage with some porter duties - helping to show guests to their bedrooms and assisting them with their luggage.
Although taking orders and serving food is of course an important part of the job, this role entails so much more. You are one of the team who will liaise face to face with our guests, which means you can make one of the biggest impressions and help make our guests feel welcome and at home. You will have the opportunity to make someone’s day – every day. Whether it’s suggesting the perfect wine to go with Mr. Singh's fish dish, or remembering that Ms. Porter recently met her first grandchild, building a rapport is an important part of your role.
You will be an attentive person who can spot in seconds when someone is trying to catch your eye for the bill, whether they’re missing a spoon for their dessert, or if they need a high chair before they even need to ask. You’ll also have a big responsibility for maintaining the safety and well being of our guests, from allergy awareness to standards of cleanliness.
What’s in it for you:
• A competitive salary - all our waiting team members are paid hourly with any overtime paid
• A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team
• Live in accommodation charged at just £57.40 per week all-inclusive of meals and bills
• The opportunity to live and work in a stunning location in the heart of the New Forest
• Delicious meals on duty
• 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
• £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS 25% discount of all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
• Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
• Free parking on site
• Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
• Ideally you will have some experience in a similar role
• You’ll be a team player with bags of enthusiasm and a big smile
• You’ll take pride in your appearance, and proud to be the face of Hand Picked
• You’ll be a stickler for hygiene and be able to demonstrate best practice
• You’ll feel comfortable in a fast-paced, busy environment
• Most of all, you’ll have a friendly, positive and proactive manner
Rhinefield House Hotel is an AA 4 red star Hotel set in the heart of the New Forest.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.