Chef/Cook - Solent Holiday Park
7 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
Chef/Cook - Solent Holiday Park
£6.45 - £8.72 per Hour (Full Time/Seasonal) A.A.E
Hours of Work:
5/6 days including weekends (35 hrs per week high season/30 Hrs per week low season)
Park holidays UK are a rapidly growing company and the largest caravan operator in the south of England. The business has a proven history of developing and promoting talented people and an unprecedented investment programme across the group.
With its prime seafront location and views over the Solent to the Isle of Wight, nestled between Portsmouth and Southampton, Solent Breezes has the perfect balance of seaside, countryside and city lifestyle so whatever you like to do outside of work, you can find it on your doorstep! There are many attractions nearby from family friendly theme parks, the historic dockyard in Portsmouth and its designer outlets and harbour side bars and restaurants, to the cruise liners departing from Southampton.
- To monitor the requisition of stocks as required from the Corporate Recipe specification and Portion specification, keeping minimum holding levels
- Liaise with the Complex Manager on stock holding and In House Buyer
- To ensure that the standard of cooking, presentation and ‘BOH’ service is implemented to standard operating manuals
- To ensure that the ‘BOH’ procedures are implemented to the standard operating manual to include stores, flight wash area, refrigeration, freezers, food preparation areas, delivery bays and bin areas
- To direct and maintain hygiene standards to meet the Company Food Safety/cook chill requirements, including the administration
- To liaise with the Complex Manager for all requirements of disposable, small kitchen equipment’s and detergents through correct delegation of authority
- To have strict control and security of stocks, implement Company stock take as and when required, ensure locks are secure, with strict key control
- To make proposals to the Food and Beverage Director regarding menu planning
- To manage a budget for all resources within area of responsibility and to monitor and maintain effective control
- To set, monitor and maintain appropriate opening and closing procedures, including cleaning rotas.
The successful candidate should:
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to work under pressure with good decision making skills
- Be of smart appearance and adhere to dress standards
- Have a professional and outgoing personality
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Be flexible
Food & Hygiene Level 2 Qualification is essential.
- 20% friends and family discount on holidays booked with Park Holidays, this is subject to availability at time of booking.
- All staff have a discount of 50% on food purchased from the complex, this does not include specials or any drinks & is subject to conditions.
- Great staff referral scheme
- 28 days holiday leave per annum
With 31 caravan holiday parks across the southern UK coastline from Devon in the West to Suffolk in the East, we are the largest provider of caravan holiday parks in the South of England. We offer great value family UK caravan holidays and short breaks, with a selection of touring and camping holidays too, along with a wide range of static caravan holiday homes and luxury lodges for sale.
Apply for Chef/Cook - Solent Holiday Park
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly