Assistant Accounts Payable Manager
Assistant Accounts Payable Manager
Reporting to: Transactional Finance Manager
Based: East Croydon
Finding your fit at The Gym is what we are all about and we're guessing it's what brought you here!
We're always encouraging people to take the first step and challenge themselves and you would be crazy to miss this opportunity to join our amazing Finance Team as Assistant AP Manager.
So, what's stopping you? Apply today!
What you need to know about us…
We're not like any other Gym company we are THE GYM, a place where everyone can find their fit and be their best. We hire people with real passion, whose positivity and enthusiasm motivate and innovate. Our gym support teams are friendly, engaging and they thrive in an environment where they have the flexibility to be awesome and to continuously develop and improve themselves!
We actively invest in our people… don't believe us? Check out our big shiny "Investors In People" gold award… now you don't see that every day! We are really proud of our teams and we promise to push them to challenge their limits and celebrate with them when they achieve new goals. They work hard, they deliver results and they reap the rewards.
By membership we are the 2nd largest gym business in the UK and the 4th largest in Europe. We are the only publicly listed UK health and fitness operator.
What you need to know about the role…
This is a great opportunity to join an evolving team in a fast paced, forward thinking and friendly environment, where you will work with the Transactional Finance Manager to lead the Accounts Payable ('AP') team.
You will be responsible for the day to day running of AP and will help ensure the AP function is operating in an efficient and well controlled manner, paying suppliers and employee expenses accurately and on time.
You will also lead the development of your team and work closely with the wider Finance team and other departments across the business to ensure invoices are accounted for correctly and cash flows are well managed. In addition, you will support the Transactional Finance Manager with projects to optimise and enhance the AP processes and systems, as well as with other ad hoc projects.
As Assistant Accounts Payable Manager, you will:
- Provide leadership, guidance and support for the AP team
- Line manage the AP team to include regular 1:2:1 meetings, objective setting and appraisals
- Lead and support the AP team and work with colleagues across the business to ensure suppliers and employee expenses are paid in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure key supplier statement reconciliations are conducted and completed on a regular basis
- Support the Transactional Finance Manager to identify and deliver new opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness within the Accounts Payable function
- Support the management and forecasting of cashflows
- Manage the monthly reconciliation of the bank accounts and AP control accounts
- Assist in the year end audit process
- Support the Transactional Finance Manager to establish Key Performance Indicators ('KPIs') for the team and produce a monthly KPI report to monitor performance
- Support the Transactional Finance Manager to produce step by step process documents for all areas of the Accounts Payable function
- Oversee the weekly payment run
- Contribute to the evolution of the team to best support the ongoing growth and evolution of the business
So let us tell you what we are looking for…
We are looking for an Assistant AP Manager to join our fantastic team and lead some great people. You are perfect for this opportunity if you have:
- Excellent understanding of accounts payable processes, employee expenses and account reconciliations
- Confident user of AP systems, who can learn quickly and optimise set up and processes
- Strong people management experience to deliver the team's objectives and to support the development of each individual
- Skilled communicator, able to manage external relationships with customers and suppliers, and provide a high level of customer service to colleagues across the business
- A high-performance mindset, who is self-motivated and energetic, with a drive to improve systems and processes to optimise effectiveness and efficiency, using strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to think and plan strategically, while being detail oriented with a hands on/can-do mentality
- Workday systems experience
- Experience of working in a large, fast growing, multi-site business
- Part/fully qualified accountant.
So… We know you are ready to hit that APPLY button so what are you waiting for… Start your best career journey yet with The Gym Group and come #BEYOUWITHUS