Recreation Assitant - Lifeguard - Part Time - Totnes
2 days left
- Job Type
- Part Time
Fusion Lifestyle are now hiring
The role of a Part Time Lifeguard at Fusion Lifestyle:
Lifeguards have one of the most important jobs at our centres, and that is keeping our customers safe in and around the water.
Fusion Lifestyle’s Part Time Lifeguards (Recreation Assistants), also perform other duties; such as cleaning assigned areas, setting up and breaking down various activities and events and conducting pool testing according to procedures. You will work a varying rotated pattern of shifts, which will require some evening and weekend work.
If you are interested in a career in leisure, Fusion also has fantastic training programmes that can lead to management positions, with a real focus on individual development.
We are passionate about delivering the best customer service and getting your community active. Every Fusion team member plays their part, working within a diverse and dynamic team in a fast-paced environment.
What we are looking for:
In order to be considered for a Lifeguard position at Fusion Lifestyle, you need to be a strong swimmer, and have excellent customer service skills. You should also have:
- A UK recognised pool lifeguard qualification (*training can be provided - T&C's apply)
- Understanding of relevant health and safety legislation
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to appropriately correct behaviour of pool users where necessary
- A high standard of physical fitness
- Confidence and an approachable nature
*Training: Places on NPLQ Courses are limited, and may be subject to learning agreements. If you are offered a place on a NPLQ Course, you will need to agree to attend all course dates.
Hygiene and Safety:
- Champion in role and take personal responsibility for all hygiene, health and safety policy and procedure
- Carry out testing and / or other hygiene, health and safety checks as needed/requested, passing results immediately to the appropriate person and escalating potential issues promptly
- Safely support managing customer flow and expectation of waiting times and attendance across centre
- Undertake all day-to-day cleaning and maintenance of the relevant equipment and fittings, to the highest possible standards, bringing attention any faults or major repairs to the relevant team
- Proactively manage customer behaviour during the use of facilities to ensure highest possible levels of safety and enjoyment
Some of the non-contractual employee benefits we offer that you may be eligible to receive include:
- Up to 22 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (Pro rata, contractual)
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme (Contractual)
- Discount on Bickels Yard Café F&B products
- Cycle to work scheme
- Career advancement opportunities
*Please note that during the period of reopening our centres, some non-contractual employee benefits may be frozen, revised or subject to change. Fusion reserve the right to amend or remove non-contractual employee benefits at any time.
If you are looking to start or further your career in leisure, within a growing and dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you.
Click on the link to apply.
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.