Swimming Teacher - Level 2 - Leicester
Fusion Lifestyle are now hiring:
Swimming Teacher (Level 2)
Hours per week: 1.5
Working Pattern: Thursday 15.30-17.00
Do you have an ASA/Swim England Level 2 or STA Certificate in Teaching Swimming, and experience of teaching a diverse customer base? Do you have the passion to teach swimming instruction?
If the answer to these questions is yes, then join Fusion Lifestyle as a Swimming Teacher (Level 2), and you will have the opportunity to do what you do best; instil a lifesaving skill, the ability to swim.
People of all abilities and ages are welcome at our centres, and as a Swimming Teacher (level 2) you will run sessions effectively and efficiently, drawing on your knowledge of teaching best practices, and your passion for ensuring students reach their full potential, at every step. You’ll need to be flexible and adaptable in your approach to teaching, and your approach to working hours, to suit the needs of the business.
You’ll be responsible for preparing lesson plans and a comprehensive scheme of work that meets the requirements of Swim England Learn to Swim Programme; supervising and mentoring our Assistant Swimming Teachers as required. You also undertake sessions according to the programme timetable, and ensure classes commence and finish at the designated times!
You’ll need the natural ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers, putting people at ease, with a real “can-do” attitude; nothing is too much hassle for you!
You’ll comply with the Swim England Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct at all times, and ensure all concerns of a child safeguarding nature are referred in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with Fusion’s Safeguarding policy. You’ll also be a stickler for Health and Safety procedures and have a firm grasp of the legislature attached to this.
Hygiene and Safety:
- Champion in role and take personal responsibility for all hygiene, health and safety policy and procedure
- Carry out testing and / or other hygiene, health and safety checks as needed, passing results immediately to the appropriate person and escalating potential issues promptly
- Safely support managing customer flow and expectation of waiting times and attendance across all areas of the centre
- Undertake all day-to-day cleaning and maintenance of the relevant equipment and fittings, to the highest possible standards, bringing attention any faults or major repairs to the relevant team
- Proactively manage customer behaviour during the use of facilities to ensure highest possible levels of safety and enjoyment
Some of the non-contractual employee benefits we offer that you may be eligible to receive include*:
- Up to 22 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata, contractual)
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme (Contractual)
- Discount on Bickels Yard Café F&B products
- Cycle to work scheme
*Please note that during the period of reopening our centres, some non-contractual employee benefits may be frozen, revised or subject to change. Fusion reserve the right to amend or remove non-contractual employee benefits at any time.
If you are looking to start or further your career in leisure, with a growing and dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you.
Click on the link to apply!
PLEASE NOTE: This role is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.