Multi-skilled Maintenance Technician - Manchester
Join the family
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Multi-skilled Maintenance Technician to join our fantastic Maintenance team here at our Manchester Manufacturing site, the home of our delicious pizzas and bread.
Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong heritage. With over 1,900 shops, and 22,000 employees serving millions of customers each week, we are the UK’s leading bakery food-on-the-go retailer. We’ve been busy improving our shops and adding to our great range of fresh food-on-the-go, so we’re tastier than ever!
At Greggs we have big plans for the future and big opportunities available today. Our people are what makes our business successful and we believe in growing together – as a united team. At Greggs we aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.Pay Rates
£42,918.20 per annumShift Pattern and Contracted Hours
We work on a 4 on 4 off rotating shift pattern average 42 hours, shifts are 6am to 6pm or 6pm to 6amJob Description
- Maintenance of all plant machinery, production facilities and equipment on site.
- Participates in the projects to improve the safety and operation of equipment and minimise future maintenance requirements
- Coordinates maintenance and project activities with all relevant parties
- Follows all Company procedures regarding site safety and risk management
- Builds effective working relationships with production colleagues
- Collects, maintains and analyses information to establish operating patterns/trends
- Analyses, diagnoses and interprets findings and takes appropriate action to resolve the issue
- Ensures own and others activities comply with agreed Food Safety and Health and Safety standards
- Educated to a minimum ONC standard or equivalent experience (with an understanding of how a Bakery Engineering function works)
- A recognised qualification in an electrical / mechanical engineering discipline.
- Proven fault-finding expertise on a variety of complex equipment ideally within the food industry
- Experience of working to planned maintenance schedules
- Multi Skilled both electrically and mechanical
- Basic IT literacy (basic use of a PC, navigate to files using Windows Explorer, MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet Explorer)
Exposure to an FMCG or manufacturing environment
Minimum of 5 years experience operating in a fast paced, high pressure reactive environment
Suitable indentured apprenticeship and/or trade qualifications (BTEC, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent), ideally multi-skilled in nature or multiskilling developed through continued workplace learning & development
- Exposure to/use of CMMS
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing &/or TPM principles
- Multi-skilled (electrical and mechanical) maintenance NVQ level 3 or higher
- Outstanding candidate would possess HNC in suitable discipline
• 50% off Greggs food with our generous Greggs Employee Staff Discount Team
• Free coffees and tea while at work
• Your holiday entitlement starts with 4.2 weeks, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 6 weeks after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
• After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme where the company distributes 10% of its profits and allows you to share in the success of the business
• You will receive free life assurance after 1 year’s continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump sum payment equal to one and a half years’ salary
• You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
• Other benefits include: Access to a range of discounts from insurance, to mobile phone providers, to holiday home plus plenty more!Your Application
During the application process we'll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we'll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and smooth as possible.During the application process we'll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we'll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and smooth as possible.
Housekeeper - Macclesfield Easy Apply!