Sous Chef - Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa, Daventry
Are you an experienced Chef looking to progress your Kitchen Management experience? We know the step from being a Sous Chef to a Head Chef can be a big one so here at Hand Picked Hotels we aim to equip our Sous Chefs with the skills they need to take that step.
From involvement in office and paperwork responsibilities, to people management training courses and annual Sous Chef Master classes, we will help give you the exposure you need to develop your career as a Chef. And of course alongside all of that you get to do what you do best, create fantastic food in our professional kitchens.
Please note that due to our location at Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa you will need to have your own transport.
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary
- Use of Health Club facilities including gym, swimming pool and fitness classes
- 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS 25% discount of all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- Annual Sous Chef Conference to aid networking and personal development
- Annual loyalty awards (to include overnight stays & weekends away)
- Working in stunning surroundings and in a property packed with character
- Free parking on site
- Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
- Pension & Life assurance scheme
- An opportunity to complete your Level 3 or Level 5 Management apprenticeship – if you would like to do so
- People Management Training courses such as Behavioural Interviewing, Disciplinary Investigations and Appraisal Skills – to help you develop your skills and experience
- You’ll have previous experience as a Sous Chef or Junior Sous within a Hotel
- You will have experience of fine dining and working to a 2 Rosette standard
- You’ll be a stickler for hygiene and be able to lead by example and demonstrate best practice
- Your knowledge of food and technical skills will be outstanding
- You’ll want to develop your skills and experience in order to help work with the Executive Head Chef to lead the brigade
- Most of all, you’ll enjoy working as part of a team, encouraging junior members of the brigade and will have an approachable, positive and proactive manner
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa is a stunning 4 Red Star country house Hotel with 60 bedrooms. The Hotel restaurant has 2 rosettes and this along with our beautiful Spa and Health club makes it a popular leisure destination for our guests.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Apply for Sous Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly