HR Manager - Bedford
HR Manager - Bedford
- Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 / Year Plus Company car
- Schedule: Full Time
- Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience
- Location: The Brewery, Havelock Street, Bedford MK40 4LU
A passion for people and hospitality?? If so, we have an exciting 12-month opportunity at Wells, our established yet ever evolving company for a CIPD qualified HR professional.
Reporting and working closely to our HO HR, you will support and develop the people agenda and drive it through the whole organisation. As a small HR function the variety and breadth of this role will be broad with involvement across the whole employee life cycle, but with great emphasis around Employee Relations.
Responsible for our employees across our 20 managed pubs and brand-new home and brewery - Brewpoint, this pivotal role will be very hands-on and operational. The environment is fast paced so to be successful you will thrive in a busy environment and work quickly when needs arise.
You will work closely with Managers who really understand the value of working to a people led agenda. We therefore are looking for an individual to immerse themselves in the business and really help develop the HR offering.
- Working with the Operations Teams to develop and implement Learning and Development across our Managed Pubs
- Coaching our Managers in all things people, encouraging the use of self-service applications
- Managing all Employee Relations across the Pubs and Brewpoint
- Ownership of the learning platform CPL and all mandatory employee training
- Management of Occupational Health and supporting Managers with referrals
- Ambassador of Mental Health and promoting the Company EAP
- Management of all Apprentices and Rising Stars within the company
- Coaching and mentoring our HR Apprentice, supporting with general daily queries
- Regular review and management of all Company policies
- Supporting with any TUPE & Redundancy processes
- Providing the tools and specialist expertise to improve employee engagement across our managed pubs
- Support development of teams to ensure we are delivering a customer obsessed service culture in our managed pubs
- Support Head of HR with ad-hoc key projects
- A high energy, enthusiastic HR professional with at least 2-years’ experience in either the hospitality or retail sector
- Specialist knowledge and experience gained in Employee Relations and Training and Development
- Ability to build credible relationships and interact effectively with teams at all levels
- Self-motivated with a flexible 'can do’ attitude demonstrating a passion and drive to get things done
- An understanding that Customer focus is your no.1 priority
- Able to start Oct/Nov and willing to commit to a full 12-month FTC
In return you will benefit from:
- Up to £35k – subject to exp + Car allowance
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Flexibility to work from home
- Private medical health care
- Group personal pension plan
- Life assurance
- 25% dining out
- Retail discounts
Recruitment Manager - OxfordEasy Apply!