Commis Chef - France
Commis Chef – Winter 20/21
From shredding the piste to shredding the lettuce!
A winter season with SkiBound is like no other. We offer a unique ski experience to budding skiers from all over the world, with school and youth groups at the heart of our business. You will be based at one of our 5 lively club hotels across 3 resorts in the French Alps, home to some of Europe’s best skiing and après – Alpe d’Huez, Les Menuires and Serre Chevalier.
Our club hotels, resorts and shining reputation means SkiBound are market leaders in ski experiences for both guests and staff!
The low down as a Commis Chef…
A day on the slopes calls for a hearty, fresh-cooked, wholesome meal. Our bustling kitchens provide breakfast, lunch and dinner suitable for a younger palette and a more advanced menu for our adult guests. Catering for large covers doesn’t mean we compromise on quality! As a Commis Chef your duties will include food preparation, following recipe cards, keeping the kitchen spick and span and taking your turn to oversee a service. You should be passionate about food and have a sharp eye for maintaining health and safety and cleanliness standards in the kitchen.
Our motto at SkiBound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What we’re looking for…
- Previous prep and cooking experience in a professional kitchen environment
- Good understanding of HACCP and Health and Safety regulations including COSHH
- A passion for the catering industry
- A willingness to get stuck in and help across all sections of the kitchen (during peak times!)
- Bags of energy and motivated to learn
What’s in it for you…
- Role specific training once in resort
- Role progression and the chance to return for future winter and summer seasons
- SkiBound ski equipment hire, Wi-Fi and laundry facilities
- Further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA
The extra bits…
- Please apply for just ONE role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply INDIVIDUALLY for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We ask applicants to be fully available from December 2020 to April 2021
- Applicants must be in possession of a full and in-date UK or EU passport
- Specific job role training takes place in resort
- As a company, SkiBound are carefully monitoring advice and information provided by the UK and French Governments in relation to Covid-19. Any updates or changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly