Sous Chef - France
Sous Chef – Winter 20/21
The crème de la crème!
A winter season with SkiBound is like no other. We offer a unique ski experience to budding skiers from all over the world, with school and youth groups at the heart of our business. You will be based at one of our 5 lively club hotels across 3 resorts in the French Alps, home to some of Europe’s best skiing and après – Alpe d’Huez, Les Menuires and Serre Chevalier.
Our club hotels, resorts and shining reputation means SkiBound are market leaders in ski experiences for both guests and staff!
The low down as a Sous Chef…
Our kitchens are the key ingredient to our bustling club hotels. As a Sous Chef with SkiBound you will be second in command to the Head Chef. You’ll be instrumental in running smooth and successful breakfast, lunch and dinner services. Our kitchens cater for high cover, high quality meals that appeal to a younger palette with our school groups and more sophisticated menus for our adult guests.
As a Sous Chef, you will be happy to take direction from your Head Chef but also be confident to run the show when needed! This includes rolling up your sleeves to get stuck in with cooking alongside your team, as well as managing stock control and reviewing health and safety standards across the kitchen. Working in the mountains is an experience like no other, we will provide you with training on how things are done in a French kitchen!
Our motto at SkiBound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What we’re looking for…
- Confident heading up a team and running a kitchen
- Happy to follow instructions and liaise with the Head Chef and Hotel Manager
- Previous experience and knowledge of stock control and ordering
- An excellent understanding of the Health and Safety regulations (Food & Hygiene, HACCP, COSHH)
- Experience in preparing meals to cater for all dietary requirements
- Resourcefulness – at the top of the mountain you’ll need to be creative with ingredients, menus and available equipment
- Not afraid to roll your sleeves up and get stuck – from basic food prep to an end of service clean
- A desire and the necessary knowledge to develop more junior members of your team
What’s in it for you…
- Role specific training once in resort
- Role progression and the chance to return for future winter and summer seasons
- SkiBound ski equipment hire, Wi-Fi and laundry facilities
- Further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA
The extra bits…
- Please apply for just ONE role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply INDIVIDUALLY for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We ask applicants to be fully available from December 2020 to April 2021
- Applicants must be in possession of a full and in-date UK or EU passport
- Specific job role training takes place in resort
- As a company, SkiBound are carefully monitoring advice and information provided by the UK and French Governments in relation to Covid-19. Any updates or changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly