Assistant Hotel Manager - France
Assistant Hotel Manager – Winter 20/21
Second in command!
A winter season with SkiBound is like no other. We offer a unique ski experience to budding skiers from all over the world, with school and youth groups at the heart of our business. You will be based at one of our 5 lively club hotels across 3 resorts in the French Alps, home to some of Europe’s best skiing and après – Alpe d’Huez, Les Menuires and Serre Chevalier.
Our club hotels, resorts and shining reputation means SkiBound are market leaders in ski experiences for both guests and staff!
The low down as an Assistant Hotel Manager…
As an Assistant Hotel Manager, you’ll be second in command to the Hotel Manager and an integral part of our vibrant club hotel team. Customer experience is at the centre of everything you do in order to maintain and exceed the high standards within each department of the hotel. Inspiring your team to do the same, you’ll be a key motivator even when the going gets tough. Your previous management experience will give you a keen eye for detail and spot opportunities to maximise business potential. Your daily tasks will range from creating staff rotas, liaising with HR and head office, reporting into management and so much more – no two days will look the same! You’ll also be happy to lead from the front and get your hands dirty when needed with housekeeping duties, restaurant service and any additional support that your team need over the season.
Our motto at SkiBound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What we’re looking for…
- A customer comes first attitude
- Responsible, reliable and happy to take the lead
- Hard working and not afraid to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in
- A real team motivator (more time on the mountains for you and your team!)
- A good understanding of all departments within a hotel
- Team management experience within a hospitality environment
- Confidence to think on your feet and show initiative
- On top of your game from dusk till dawn
- Any seasonal experience is a bonus!
What’s in it for you…
- Role specific training once in resort
- Role progression and the chance to return for future winter and summer seasons
- SkiBound ski equipment hire, Wi-Fi and laundry facilities
- Further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA
The extra bits…
- Please apply for just ONE role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply INDIVIDUALLY for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We ask applicants to be fully available from December 2020 to April 2021
- Applicants must be in possession of a full and in-date UK or EU passport
- Specific job role training takes place in resort
- As a company, SkiBound are carefully monitoring advice and information provided by the UK and French Governments in relation to Covid-19. Any updates or changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly