Digital Customer Experience Designer - Newcastle upon Tyne
4 days left
- Job Type
- Part Time
This is a temporary position for up to 6 months.
Location: In the short term this role will be fully remote with occasional face to face meetings in either Greggs Q9 or Innovate House, Balliol Industrial Park, Newcastle.Join the Family We are seeking a highly experienced Digital Customer Experience Designer to support the Greggs technology and customer teams in developing word class digital products.
This is an incredibly exciting and unique opportunity here at Greggs to work in a brand-new product team helping shape the future of our digital products.
Greggs is currently developing an exciting suite of innovative, greenfield products that will ensure that both digital and physical in-shop experiences including in-store kiosk ordering, click and collect and customer loyalty apps work seamlessly for our customers and colleagues to deliver a seamless experience.
The Digital Customer Experience Designer will ensure that any new products help our millions of customers to engage with Greggs in a fast, friendly and frictionless way every day.
Working as part of an autonomous, cross-functional, agile, product focussed team, you will help the team to really understand and empathise with our customers.
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.Salary
Competitive depending on experience.Work Pattern
Our working hours are usually Monday- Friday, you may be required to work alternative hours to fulfil business needs and work in multiple team and agency locations across a working week.Job Description
We are looking for passionate customer experience specialists that love working as part of a technology team to join us on our journey. We are looking to base our product design around best practice in CX from across global retail and beyond, and are therefore seeking experienced practitioners who are well versed in balancing both customer and stakeholder feedback to achieve the best possible experience for Greggs customers.
You will have a proactive, can-do attitude and enjoy contributing towards an adaptive, fun and creative environment. You will be capable of working cross functionally and facilitating and collaborating with multiple stakeholder groups.
You will be a lifelong learner and will enjoy joining us on a continuous journey of learning and improving as we strive to become a high-performing, self-organising product team, applying adaptive planning techniques to deliver innovative solutions to business problems.
You will care about delivering high-quality products that are closely aligned to the needs of our customers and our business.
You will be curious, inquisitive and will enjoy delighting our customers with a seamless customer experience whilst delivering significant commercial benefit from optimal journey design and implementation.An Example of some of the things you will be doing
- Developing wireframes, prototype UX/UI and concepts for new products for use in internal and external customer research.
- Creating digital customer journeys that delight our customers whilst optimising performance at every touchpoint of the customer engagement conversion funnel.
- Developing and creating a new illustration style for use across our digital products
- Developing high-quality design assets for use across our digital products.
- Helping to contribute to the Greggs design system to make sure we have a consistent look and feel across all of our digital products.
- Work closely with the Lead designer on customer facing products to ensure the best practice in customer experience design is implemented.
- Support the Product owner in testing and refinement of different elements of UX/UI to improve the overall customer journey of all digital products based on feedback and research.
- Challenging and shaping our thinking to ensure we build only the best digital solutions for our customers and the Greggs business
- Be proactive and have a can-do attitude
- Be highly collaborative working directly with the customer and technology teams to identify optimal solutions as we develop our digital journey.
- An articulate presenter who is skilled at bringing an audience on their design journey in a clear, thought through manner to gain wider business buy in.
- Be self-motivated and love creating beautiful well-polished designs that delight our customers whilst providing incremental commercial benefit to Greggs.
- Have a good sense of humour, be a team player and highly collaborative in your approach.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has practical experience in designing for desktop, tablet and mobile including cross platform apps (iOS and Android) in a large retailer or key related sectors.
- Has exceptional CX, UI, illustration and brand design skills demonstrated with a strong portfolio.
- Has a strong understanding of product design and is able to adapt guidelines into beautifully crafted digital work, working the brand into every aspect of our digital products.
- Is commercially focused with the ability to balance brand design and commercial performance when designing our digital products
- Has a keen eye for detail - you’re a bit of a pixel perfectionist.
- Is skilled in the use of various software tools, such as Figma, Adobe CC, InVision, etc.
- Is up to date with the latest trends and has a passion for creating best in class design that will bring the Greggs brand to life.
- Has experience communicating design decisions to the design team as well as the wider team including senior stakeholders.
- Has experience working with developers on the design/developer handoff.
- Experience in motion design including After Effects, Principle etc.
- Experience in interaction and micro-interaction design.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
Our Greggs Employee discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 26 days, in addition to Bank Holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service (pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme
- You will be invited to participate in our Management Bonus Scheme which is worth up to 10% of your salary, subject to the Company meeting certain performance criteria.
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
- The Management Pension Scheme is supported by a free life assurance scheme. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump-sum payment equal to 4 times your year’s salary
Other benefits include
- Private Medical Insurance which is free for you and subsidised for your dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance which is a replacement income scheme
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we’ll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we’ll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help we can make your application as quick and as smooth as possible.