Multi-Site Business Manager – Kent
Multi-Site Business Manager – Kent
Active Life is recruiting for a robust and commercially minded Business Manager to join our team, managing our five outstanding leisure facilities, which are located in East Kent.
Centre Locations are:
- Herons Leisure Centre, Herne Bay
- Kingsmead Leisure Centre, Canterbury
- The Bay Sports Arena, Herne Bay
- Whitstable Sports Centre, Whitstable
- Whitstable Swimming Pool, Whitstable
We appreciate that the world of leisure and fitness is changing, so as a Business Manager for Active Life, you will ensure strict adherence to Covid-secure procedures across all locations, and lead the delivery of exceptional financial performance, standards and customer service at all times. You will also ensure that your team carries out vigorous plans to maximise opportunities and minimise risk, whilst establishing efficient and effective solutions to motivate and develop your team to achieve success.
Active Life is the district‘s leading sports, fitness and leisure provider. We are a registered charity, with a commercial outlook, and are proud to provide our local communities with inclusive and accessible sport and leisure that enhances health, vitality and well-being. We offer a comprehensive range of sports, fitness and health promotion activities delivered through our five leisure and fitness sites.
Active Life is a subsidiary of Fusion Lifestyle, operating as a separate legal entity with an independent identity and a local board.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver Active Life’s business plan (including communication of the corporate business plan)
- Ensure the development and implementation of, and compliance with, annual financial targets
- Drive income streams and seek additional revenue streams in the business
- Support the overall process of management and corporate decision making to ensure maximum short, medium and long term profitability
- Manage compliance, monitoring, reporting and communication of financial and physical resources and all administrative functions
- Ensure individual centres fully comply with all relevant legislation and best practices
- Ensure centres are appropriately resourced so that they are able to effectively deliver development plans, contractual terms and conditions, and business objectives
- Ensure operating objectives and standards of performance are owned by management teams and employees
- Ensure high quality leisure facilities are kept, and ensure appropriate standards of conduct are established and complied with at all times, as per Active Life’s policies and procedures
- Ensure Customer and Client Relationship Management strategies are fully implemented
- In conjunction with the HR Team, implement effective recruitment, people management, development, retention and succession planning strategies
- Ensure the workforce completes all necessary mandatory training and qualifications
To be successful as a Business Manager, you will need significant previous experience running commercially focused sites within the Leisure Industry, along with an understanding of their importance within the local communities. You must be able to demonstrate multi-site experience in your application, and have a proven ability to exceed KPIs across the board.
To be successful in this role, you’ll also need:
- A proven track record of financial planning and achievement
- Demonstrated ability to lead, inspire and develop teams of people
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- A wealth of initiative to take responsibility for, and resolve issues effectively
- Demonstrated ability to manage large scale projects
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and computer skills
- Knowledge of employment law and practices
- Active affiliation with appropriate networks and organisations, and ongoing community involvement
We have high expectations and offer a generous employee benefits package in return for your hard work.
Some of the employee benefits we offer that you may be eligible to receive include*:
- Up to 30 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (Pro rata, contractual)
- Employer Contribution Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme (Contractual)
- Gym & Swim membership at all Active Life centres*
- Free eye tests*
- Cycle to work scheme*
- Career advancement opportunities
(*Non contractual employee benefits: Please note that during the period of reopening our centres, some non-contractual employee benefits may be frozen, revised or subject to change. Active Life reserve the right to amend or remove non-contractual employee benefits at any time).
We have a real determination to provide service excellence, and our managers have the drive to ‘make it happen’. They thrive in a fast-paced, energetic environment and want to work for a business that is investing and rapidly growing. Our managers are resilient, tenacious, and passionate to make a difference in local communities.
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity then apply today to register your interest.
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Active Life recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.