Club Manager - Totton
Club Manager - Anytime Fitness - Totton
Salary - £25,000 + On Target Bonus and Sales Commission
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Club Manager of Anytime Fitness Totton will be responsible for general running of all aspects of the club with specific emphasis on the sale of new memberships, retention of existing members, management of staff and contractors plus Health and Safety requirements.
CONTEXT OF THE ROLE
With almost 4000 CLUBS WORLDWIDE, Anytime Fitness (AF) is the fastest growing fitness chain across the globe and is now growing rapidly in the UK with over 165 clubs.
The role-holder will ideally have a proven track record in managing a team of sales staff within a high quality service environment from any commercial business sector (but ideally from the leisure industry), working to agreed key performance indicators. A large part of the role will be to manage, coach, train and develop team of like-minded, performance driven sales staff and as such outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are essential. Good administration and organisational skills are also a must.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Dealing with initial prospective members' enquiries and/or visits to the club. Convert telephone enquiries into appointments for you and your Sales Team. Develop membership referral schemes in the pursuit of warm calling.
Daily management of the membership system and uploading accurate information of all prospects/members. Provide ‘on the floor’ sales leadership and support. Ensure that all sales staff conduct sales tours in the most appropriate and effective manner.
Provide leadership, guidance and support on all income streams of the business as and when required. Develop a cost effective corporate membership program aimed at local businesses and customer groups. Accomplish agreed KPIs of number of prospects, attempted calls, completed calls, appointments booked, sales achieved daily per staff member.
Analyse membership statistics and trends and implement appropriate courses of action. Develop a cultural and membership experience so that members are engaged and feel that they belong to a club rather than just a gym, to increase member satisfaction and longevity (which in turn will lead to better referrals).
Club Daily Operations; Ensure all procedures and practices are in line with AF best practice, with particular emphasis on management of member information including financial information. Liaise and co-ordinate with Clubwise, AF’s partner for membership and DD management. Put in place, manage and enhance the Retention Guidelines for membership debt collection procedures.
- Maintaining the club to the highest of standards, within the pre-agreed budget, ensuring at all times that the member experience exceeds their expectations.
- Club cleanliness including the management of contracted cleaners, ad hoc staff cleaning when contract cleaners are not available.
- Maintaining adequate stock of club provided essentials, such as disposable wipes, toiletries, vending machine supplies, etc.
- Ensure gym equipment is maintained to full working order and always clean.
- Ensure that club is staffed during all advertised staffed periods. This will include the management of both expected known absences such as holidays, and unexpected absences such as sickness.
- Ensure the effective day-to-day leadership of the Sales and Membership Team. Implement and document weekly 121s with team members.
- Attend regular 121s as required with Club Owner. Develop skills of staff within the Sales and Membership team and ensure they are trained and competent to effectively provide excellent customer service.
- Introduce motivational campaigns that support the development of staff to achieve their goals Ensure communicating with Citation on all matters relating to HR and following advice given on managing under-performing staff.
- Coordinate activities of Personal Trainers (PTs) to ensure successful growth of their PT business, thus ensuring ongoing PT income. Marketing Promote AF, making best use of pre-developed advertising and support materials to develop sales campaigns to attract as wide a proportion of the target market as possible, include introduction and continued growth of social media.
- Ensure completing a comprehensive marketing planner using AF tools provided, within recommended timeframes. Ensure marketing planner fully supports the required sales target for the club as set out by Franchisee.
- Ensure marketing materials and months activities are within the marketing budget for the month set by the Franchisee. Complete and record on a monthly basis competitor profiling, analysing findings and putting in place appropriate strategies to make best use of the competitive environment.
- Health & Safety Adherence of Club H&S requirements as specified by Citation. Ensure completion of all recommendations within time frames requested. Equal Opportunities Ensuring AF equal opportunities and discrimination policy is adhered to and enforced.
- Competitive (depending on experience), reviewed annually in line with market conditions and performance. Quarterly and Annual Target driven bonuses. Targets will be agreed with the role holder upon appointment.
Note: we can only consider applicants who are settled in the UK.
To apply for this position please click the button below and include a Cover Letter to support your application
- Bonus scheme