Restaurant & Bar Supervisor
Restaurant & Bar Supervisor - Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, Nantwich
Are you looking for the next step in your Food & Beverage career? Do you have experience working in a fine dining restaurant? If so this may be the role for you!
An opportunity has arisen for a Restaurant & Bar Supervisor to join our Hand Picked Hotels Food & Beverage Team at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa for 9-12 Months to cover maternity leave. As the Supervisor within the team, you will support your colleagues so they feel confident and ready for service as well as guiding them to ensure all daily tasks are completed on time.
Although taking orders and serving food is of course an important part of the job, this role entails so much more. You and your team will have the opportunity to deliver memorable experiences and to make someone’s day, every day. Whether it’s suggesting the perfect wine to go with Mr. Singh’s fish dish, or remembering that Mrs Hoy’s daughter was due to have a baby, you will make our guests feel welcome and special.
You will be an attentive person who can spot in seconds when someone is trying to catch your eye for the bill, whether they’re missing a spoon for their dessert, or if they need a high chair before they even need to ask. You’ll also have a big responsibility for maintaining the safety and well being of our guests, from allergy awareness to standards of cleanliness.
What’s in it for you:
• A competitive salary paid every 4 weeks directly into your bank account
• A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team
• Optional live in accommodation charged at just £57.40 per week all-inclusive of meals and bills
• Use of Health Club facilities including gym, swimming pool and fitness classes
• Delicious meals on duty
• 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
• £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS 25% discount of all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
• Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
• Working in stunning surroundings and in a property packed with character
• Free parking on site
• Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
• You’ll have at least two years’ recent experience working as part of a Waiting team in a fine dining restaurant with good knowledge of food, beverages and allergens
• You’ll be a team player with a professional approach, bags of enthusiasm and a big smile
• You’ll take pride in your appearance, and proud to be the face of Hand Picked
• You’ll be a stickler for hygiene and be able to demonstrate best practice
• You’ll feel comfortable in a fast-paced, busy environment
• Most of all, you’ll have a friendly, positive and proactive manner
Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa is an AA 4 Red * 70 bedroomed country house Hotel in Cheshire with an a AA Rosette restaurant and beautiful Health Club & Spa facilities.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.