ROLE PURPOSE: Support Trading Manager in driving sales, online merchandising, workflow management and improving speed to market of new product.
REPORTING TO: Trading Manager
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilise available resources to maintain commercial awareness and understanding of the market place and internal customer behaviour.
- Identify and report opportunities and market trends to feed into category planning.
- Maintain strong brand partner relationships ensuring good understanding of seasonal priorities and launches, optimising the brand proposition and sharing performance data as appropriate.
- Assist Trading Manager in planning the online seasonal strategy including top line sales and metrics and communicating this to key internal and external stakeholders
- Utilise shared planning calendar and coordinate activity in line with critical path deadlines.
- Assist Trading Manager to coordinate evergreen and seasonal content requirements to drive SEO, customer engagement and conversion.
In Season Trading
- Regularly review sales, margin and KPI’s to identify and understand the key drivers behind performance.
- Regularly review and optimise site navigation, customer journey and product placement to maintain growth and drive online sales.
- Assist Trading Manager to discuss performance with relevant teams or brand partners and share information to agree action plans to address.
- Understand all critical paths for promotional activity, including awareness of upcoming brand promotions and ensuring end to end management of these.
- Manage the delivery and execution of seasonal and promotional price amendments in line with company trading calendar and critical paths.
- Ensure communication of brand and product promotions to all marketing teams.
- Manage process of collating product data and imagery, resolve any issues as quickly as possible to optimise online sales.
- Work with the Brand Partnerships Manager alongside the Trading Manager to coordinate functional content for weekly site changes and brand partner updates to drive conversion and customer engagement, ensuring awareness of brand requirements.
- Review stock levels across the category in reaction to trade performance and upcoming promotional activity to optimise online sales.
- Review stock cover across the category to maintain efficient levels of stock in the warehouse.
- Manage all stock recalls in line with warehouse compliance policy.
- Manage key internal stakeholders and Brand Partners via regular communication, utilising appropriate communication methods.
- Keep fully informed of developments in the business to maximise results, and instil commercial acumen among the team.
- Lead by example to deliver consistent approach to work.
- Always be prepared to own the extra mile.
- Be an active and positive contributor to the team, always willing to represent the Online Trading Team and deputise for colleagues and managers.
Participate in projects or carry out any other duties that may be outside the standard remit that will benefit the company
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent, preferably within a business or numeric related subject
- Knowledge of online processes and the drivers of online performance
- Analytical and data driven with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the confidence to deal with people at all levels
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Excellent co-ordination and organisation
- Advanced Excel skills preferable
Key Behaviours Required:
- Is proactive in planning to achieve targets and objectives which deliver profitable outcomes
- Continuously and proactively improves the quality of service we deliver to all our customers, external, internal and business partners
- Willingly takes the initiative and consistently does more than is required.
- Respects individual’s views and positively contributes to a learning environment in which individuals are supported and encouraged to excel
- Continually asks what more could it be and inspires others to do likewise
- Behaving consistently and with integrity at all times, realising everyone’s potential to get the best possible result and live the values
- Provides vision and clear direction to inspire individuals and engages the team to deliver excellence