Kitchen Porter - Christmas 2020 to Summer 2021 - Couples Welcome - Live in / Accommodation Available
Kitchen Porters - The New Inn & The Ruin Beach Café - Isles of Scilly
We require KPs to join our friendly kitchen teams at The New Inn and Ruin Beach Café for Christmas and New Year 2020/2021 with a view to then join us for our summer season from February/March 2021...
Accommodation available for both couples & singles. Couple applications are welcome for any roles across Tresco Island and Hell Bay Hotel.
- Preparing food for the kitchen brigade, including peeling and preparing fruit and vegetables
- Collecting and washing up pots and pans
- Cleaning food preparation areas and equipment, in addition to crockery and cutlery
- Working under the supervision of the SCDP, CDP and Head Chef
- Ensuring the kitchen is kept clean and tidy at all times, in line with health and hygiene and health and safety regulations
Our ideal candidate:
- Able to work well under pressure
- Willing to maintain a high standard with an eye for detail
- Hold the relevant kitchen and hygiene certificates or be prepared to obtain these before arrival
- Able to speak and understand English
- Capable of accurately following instructions
- Happy to work as part of an efficient kitchen team
About Tresco Estate
Tresco Estate is a family-run business on the Isles of Scilly, 28 miles from the Cornish coast, comprising Tresco Island, and Hell Bay Hotel on the neighbouring island of Bryher. Tresco Island comprises timeshare and rental cottages, two restaurants, an inn, a world famous garden, gallery, leisure spa, shop and a working farm. Hell Bay Hotel on Bryher is an award-winning boutique hotel with 25 suites, a 3 AA Rosette restaurant, Crab Shack, therapy shed, yoga studio and outdoor pool.
Working & Living Here
We offer excellent rates of pay, provide all staff with accommodation and pay for your travel from Penzance at the beginning and end of your contract period. All of our staff are paid at National Living Wage or above, and many positions offer gratuities and the option of paid overtime. We know a good team member when we see them, and there are regular opportunities for progression within our business.
Tresco and Bryher have small and welcoming communities and share a small school, located on Tresco.
Besides getting to work on a beautiful island with the beach on your doorstep, you’ll also receive extensive benefits. These include 20% discount in our shop and restaurants, complimentary boat tickets and free use of camping equipment and kayaks to explore the islands, and preferential rates in our holiday accommodation so friends and family can come and visit.
If you would like to be valued and enjoy a great experience in a great place, we’re looking for great people.
Please note - we require all applicants ensure they have the right to work within the UK. We are unable to assist with visa and work permit applications.