Market Kitchen Manager - Kirkstall
Market Kitchen Manager - Kirkstall
- Hours: Full Time, 40 hours per week
- Location: Kirkstall
- Department: Management
- Salary Details: Competitive salary, plus excellent benefits
- Work Level: Work Level 2
- Job Type: Full Time Permanent
- Advertising End Date: 02 Oct 2020
Morrisons Market Kitchen is coming to Kirkstall
We are excited to recruit a Market Kitchen Manager to take on this key role in our new Kirkstall Market Kitchen concept, joining at the very beginning of the journey.
Market Kitchen is a brand new concept for Morrisons and will be based within our busy Kirkstall Store following the successful launch of Market Kitchen Canning Town, London & Market Kitchen Piccadilly, Manchester.
It will be a fun, whilst fast-paced environment and a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative new concept where your expertise and passion for great food is crucial to the brand’s ongoing success
The Market Kitchen Manager will be a leader, enabler and role model of Food production and service delivery. You will achieve all operational KPI targets for the Kitchen including Sales, Food Quality, Customers complaints, Profitability & Service Times, Tripadvisor and deliveroo ratings
You will be a highly capable Manager with the highest standards of Food safety/Health & safety laws and you will be expected to build high performing and engaged Managers and Market Kitchen colleagues
As part of your role you will create and oversee all processes in the Kitchen operation which affect the quality of food products and service delivery and menu offering for our customers whilst building the capability of the Market Kitchen team to feedback to the respective business areas to continuously improve customers experience
You will have freedom to create and monitor an inclusive environment for all colleagues in the Market Kitchen department so they feel empowered and able to suggest improvements, and remove barriers to business challenges
The Market Kitchen Manager will be accountable for the end to end process of all the food operation produced and serviced through the Market Kitchen adapting as we learn prepping 36 hours ahead
You will review and analyse the financial profitability of the Market Kitchen working with the central team to develop the Market Kitchen brand through store and Deliveroo targets.
All the right ingredients:
- Qualified to 706/1 and 2 or NVQ in professional cookery levels 1,2 and 3 with Minimum level 3 Award Food Safety in catering for supervisors, with level 3 Award in Allergens
- Has extensive experience as an accomplished cook to a minimum of 4-star standard demonstrating loyalty and ability.
- Knowledge and ability to operate and lead teams with mixed abilities and experience in training and developing the unskilled and working under pressure with a disciplined assertive approach driving improvements
- Recognised for kitchen management, innovation, food development, proactively progressing the direction of food service catering and food service delivery
- Evidence of resilient, tenacious and action oriented planning approach focused on achieving successful outcomes
- Commercial acumen in order to develop competitive short and long term operational plans with sound awareness of local competitor activities in the food industry planning and reviewing effectively
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across all areas/levels of the business under pressure
About The Company
Shopkeepers for over 100 years, we love providing our customers with a great shopping experience they won’t find anywhere else.
At just under 500 stores across the UK, our retail colleagues work as one team to provide plenty of food essentials, a great service and a buzz people enjoy. It’s why our customers keep coming back for more.
The UK’s 4th largest supermarket, we provide great value for money and good quality fresh food and groceries to over 11 million customers every week. Our focus on freshness makes us stand out as we prepare more fresh food in-store than any other supermarket. It’s challenging. It’s fast-paced. But from Market Street to checkout our friendly team loves going above and beyond to bring our customers what they want.
At Morrisons we believe in investing in our colleagues and industry-leading training programmes. We provide our colleagues with the opportunities they need to make it to the top. Many of our store managers started out on the shop floor. They’ve been there and done that. It’s how they know how to support our colleagues and help our customers so well.
Self Employed Pub Opportunity - LeedsEasy Apply!