Cleaner - Shirebrook
Everlast Fitness is the leisure division of Sports Direct the UK’s number one sports retailer.
Welcome to our world...
Everlast Fitness are the newest business venture of the international retail giant Sports Direct and we are taking the fitness world by storm.
In our world the passion and ambition of our people have kept us moving. Their passion for fitness is second to none, their knowledge and service levels hook the customer, their drive and ambition to be the best is unrivalled.
We are currently recruiting for Cleaners to join our new team at Everlast Fitness in (insert Location).
The roles will have responsibility for the appearance of the gym and the cleanliness of the facilities for our members.
Variable – flexible across 7 days
A major part of this role will involve cleaning the male changing rooms and so we require a Male Cleaner only for this role. This in no way affects any other candidate rights.
What are we looking for from you?
As an individual with experience in a similar role, you will be well organised and will ensure that cleaning products are used effectively and in a safe manner leaving the facilities clean, pleasant and safe for customers
In a customer facing role the successful candidate will demonstrate strong customer service skills recognising needs and planning around them, this is in addition to time management skills and working as part of a team.
- To clean and prepare the areas for which you are responsible following the required policies and procedures, ensuring that the location is clean, pleasant and safe for customers
- Guaranteeing that cleaning products are used effectively, with instructions and health and safety procedures being followed at all times.
- To provide general assistance and support as part of a team.
- To check on stock levels and advise your supervisor when stock needs to be ordered.
- To update records via the computer as required.
- To remove all waste and dirty laundry in accordance with policies and procedures.
- To report any problems with your work area or any equipment to your supervisor.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment.
- Previous cleaning experience and knowledge is desirable.
- Use of cleaning products in a safe manner.
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures including use of equipment e.g. carpet cleaners.
- Well organised with good time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and empathy skills and a friendly personality.
- Able to work individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritise and plan around customer needs.
We also provide training and development opportunities to progress your career and maintain our high standards of delivery.
This role has no guaranteed hours of work, hours of work can therefore vary from week to week and, as a result, there may be weeks when no hours of work are offered.