A Commis Chef position is now available at our five star holiday resort; Norfolk Woods Resort and Spa. This is an excellent opportunity to become a key part of our friendly team.
The Bar and Restaurant at our popular retreat offers a range of meals to suit every taste. The restaurant is brand new with the resort only being open a year.
You will work as part of a small team to assist in the cleanliness and hygiene of the workplace and ensure all preparation and presentation of food is in line with the company’s high standards.
Accommodation may be available if required.
There are 2 permanent positions available. One position to work full time, variable hours, and one position to work part time hours. These will include evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
This role is ideal for candidates searching for kitchen jobs within a commutable distance of Pentney.
- Ensure all food preparation and service is consistent, prompt and to a high standard.
- All stock rotation is accurate and effective.
- Ensure the cleanliness of all work areas.
- Adhering to correct portion sizes and effective control of all waste.
- Comply with all food hygiene regulations at all times.
What experience you will need
- Similar previous experience is desired within a similar role.
What skills you will need
- Catering qualifications and Level 3 Food Safety are desirable but not essential.
- Driving licence and ability to drive is advantageous due to the location of the park.
- Strong communication skills through various methods.
- Positive attitude with willingness to learn new skills.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Discounted staff breaks at our luxurious holiday resorts across the UK
- Free use of all Darwin Escapes resort facilities including many of our free gyms and swimming pools
- Food discount across all resorts
- Discounts on spa treatments
- *'Introduce a friend' recruitment bonus
- *100% work attendance bonus
- *Company employee sick pay
- Compassionate leave pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free access to the Darwin Academy training programme to help further your career and skill levels
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health Shield cash plan
- *Subject to terms and conditions