Duty Manager - Finchley, London
Duty Manager - Finchley, London
Powerleague is the original and premier provider of commercial small sided football in the UK. It all started in 1987 and we are now the world’s largest provider with over 50 community Clubs across Europe.
Our clubs are about bringing local people together, sharing the good times as a community, being proud of where we’re from and being the local home of 5-a-side. Each of our clubs has their own individual Club Crest that represents their local community.
To support in the overall execution of Powerleague business, the Duty Manager will be expected to take responsibility for the day to day running of the club in the absence of the General Manager (GM) and Assistant Manager (AM). They will be a key player in ensuring the highest level of service is provided in all operational areas, delivering excellent customer service, maximising revenue opportunities, assisting with the delivery of the sale plan.
The Duty Managers role will be varied and will best suit individuals with strong communication skills, who possess the ability to step up and manage the running of a site, multi task and be adaptable to a number of roles.
The Essence of the Role / Key Accountibilities
- Lead on the management of the club in the absence of the GM and AM
- In the absence of the GM and AM, complete daily/monthly duties i.e. cleaning order, drinks orders etc.
- Assist the GM with their quarterly sales actions Perform sales tasks to create new business for the centre enabling the site to grow YOY and meet quarterly targets
- Assist in administration and control of cash handling
- Lead shifts and lock and secure the club when necessary
- Deliver an excellent level of customer service promoting the brand at all opportunities
- Adapt to the needs of the business and be flexible around shift patterns
- Accept key holder responsibility where necessary and lead a shift
- Have the flexibility to work across a number of functions in accordance with the needs of the business – reception, bar, cleaning, maintenance etc
- Problem solve
- To provide wherever necessary, the clubs first telephone response.
- To undertake related administrative tasks.
- Ensure leagues are managed in accordance to services rebooted and not compromising on service and customer experience.
- Deal with head office related requests
- Report and provide daily updates to the Regional Operations Manager, when needed
- Role model giving great customer service
- Deal with challenging customers by demonstrating empathy and understanding even in the most difficult situations
- Fully inducted and brought into service rebooted.
- Land and embed all sales incentives launched.
- Be relentless in delivering the Powerleague promise to “delivery a legendary 5-a-side experience day in, day out.
- Build working relationships with the central administration team
- Support and provide cover to the GM and AM.
- Be involved and actively contribute at team meetings
- Build and maintain good relationships with all team members
- Be willing to take on jobs to balance the team workload
- Maintain up to date knowledge of weekly figures (YOY, WOW) to enable you to have a better understanding of the current business
- Keep up to date with current promotions and pricing, to provide information to customers, on request, and maximising sales opportunities
The Output/Measure of Success
- NPS scoring
- Cost conscious operation
- Delivery of the Club sales plan
Competencies / Behaviours Technical/Professional Expertise
- Customer and operationally focussed
- Ability to deliver a number of functions
- Flexible with regards to shift patterns
- Ability to take responsibility and key hold
- Organised and Collaborative co-ordinator
- Communicating and engaging with the ability to influence 3rd parties & Powerleague Colleagues
- Respect for team & customers alike
- Business Acumen
- Ability to lead and support a team
- Able to embrace direct feedback
- Desire to progress within your role Essential
- Attention to detail: Administrational duties
- Personality and enthusiasms
- Geographically mobile
- Proven, Admin, sales or ops background
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven management experience
- Proven ability to exceed sales targets
- Track record of League administration
- Experience of managing multi-task
- Experience of call centre or central sales
Lifeguard & Team Leader | Northolt, LondonEasy Apply!