Food & Beverage Runner
We have a fantastic opportunity for a positive and enthusiastic Runner to join our team at The Trafalgar St. James, Curio Collection by Hilton, one of the most iconic hotels in Central London, right on Trafalgar Square. The Trafalgar St James hotel hosts 131 bedrooms including 15 exquisite suites, and a number of venues to eat, drink, work or play. The Rooftop is a space for sipping individually crafted cocktails and drinking in the inimitable city view while dining on the shared plates prepared by our chefs on the open grill.
Together we work to achieve our vision of Creating a Fantastic Place in People’s Lives. Our values drive our behaviors every day. We deliver excellence every day, we show great spirit and integrity no matter what.
The key purpose of your role is to provide exceptional levels of customer service, following our brand standards to ensure a sustainable profitable business. You will need to be fully flexible in terms of the hours, shifts and areas of the business in which to work as demands change throughout the week and the seasons.
You will also:
- Ensure tables are cleared and set up without delays
- Transport Food & Beverages as required safely and promptly
- Work together with team members and the kitchen to ensure swift and efficient food and beverage service to all our guests
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all menu items and identify opportunities for up selling and promoting when appropriate
The ideal candidate is an individual who cares about providing excellent service to our guests and who can use their intuition and creativity to deliver a fantastic experience for everyone. The ability to multitask and prioritise is important, as well as the ability to work well under pressure. As a minimum we would expect you to have excellent command of spoken English and an ability to engage and connect with guests, with a creative, forward thinking approach. Flexibility to work a variety of shift patterns and a desire to provide exceptional customer service is essential. Experience within a similar environment is preferable, however we recruit for attitude rather than experience and will give you the tools to ensure you will be successful in your role.
- Up to 33 days paid holidays per annum
- Health & Wellbeing Cash Plan
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Complimentary meals and dry cleaning on duty
- Discount program for you, your friends & family to stay in Hilton Hotels around the world
- Opportunities for Internal career progression
- Departmental incentive programmes
- Professional training and development opportunities