Chef de Partie
Chewton Glen is a true English original. From the unique 72 bedrooms including 14 one of a kind Treehouses, to the award-winning spa and state of the art James Martin cookery school, it has an abundance of ways to revive your senses. The blissful 130 acres of woodland are home to an indoor and outdoor tennis centre, a 9-hole golf course, heritage orchard, 70 working beehives, a walled kitchen garden, croquet lawn and more.
Aim of the Chef de Partie role
To support the Head Chef as part of a team preparing dishes that are made to the highest standards as laid by Chewton Glen.
Responsibilities of the Chef de Partie role
- Assisting the Head Chef during each service ensuring dishes are prepared to the highest standards.
- Work in unison with the chef's brigade while serving breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner.
- Be a key part of the team serving The Dining Room, Conferences, Events, the Bar & Lounge, the Outdoor Terrace, Pool Bar and Room Service.
- To liaise with the Sous Chef and Head Chef with reference to possible improvements on dishes and service.
- To take ownership and ensure that the presentation, taste, texture and quality are maintained at all times.
- To have pride in achieving and maintaining high standards of cleanliness throughout your section and the kitchen as a whole
- To lead by example to the brigade
Chef de Partie - About you
- Experience in working at Chef de Partie level is essential
- Experience in running a kitchen with a Rosette background
- You will have keen eye for detail, organisational skills and confident in communicating with the team
What's in it for you?
- Service charge on top of your monthly salary
- Accommodation available if required
- Free meals for our team
- Friends and Family rate at Iconic Luxury Hotels
- 25% discount on all Food & Beverage
- Discount on Spa treatment and products
- …and much more.