At Cairn Group we're ambitious. With a varied and extensive UK portfolio of hotels, bars and restaurants in our portfolio, we're focused on continual growth and are in it for the long haul. We are a family owned business with family values at our core, with a growing team and sites UK wide.
About the role...
The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. As a Receptionist, you’ll not only be the person they rely on to handle transactions, offer local insights and anticipate every detail of a friction-free experience, you’ll also create the warm atmosphere that makes our guests feel at home in any location.
Some of the duties you’ll undertake in this varied role include - telephone enquiries, reservations, preparing invoices and taking payments from our guests, conducting end of shift/day banking, and preparing for the shift ahead.
- Experience in a similar or front facing customer service role with an outgoing and bubbly personality
- Strong communication skills through a variety of means
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relation skills to ensure a seamless and memorable experience, proactively resolving any challenges that may arise
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to stay calm under pressure, adapting your approach to complete routine and non-routine tasks. As a 7 day a week operation, shifts will be based on 5 days from 7 (full time) and pro-rata for part time
- High attention to detail and accuracy – great at managing one’s own time
The Cairn Group’s Holiday Inn Scotch Corner hotel is a historic redbrick manor within six miles of both the Green Howards Regimental Museum and Easby Abbey.
Guests can relax in a room with a flat-screen TV and complimentary Wi-Fi access throughout their stay, or unwind inside the hotel’s Italian restaurant, casual bar, indoor pool or fitness centre.
IHG Staff Rate Scheme
IHG Friends & Family Rate
IHG Brand Training
Cairn Group Staff Discount Scheme
Retail and travel discounts
Recruit a friend Scheme
Induction and training programme
Star of the Month & Golden Ticket Award
Cairn Academy' Training & Development Opportunities
Meals on Duty
Cycle 2 work scheme*
(* Applies to positions above minimum wage)