We are looking for a Night Porter to join our award winning hotel in Hampshire 2 nights per week.
Chewton Glen is a true English original. From the unique 72 bedrooms including 14 one of a kind Treehouses, to the award-winning spa and state of the art James Martin cookery school, it has an abundance of ways to revive your senses. The blissful 130 acres of woodland are home to an indoor and outdoor tennis centre, a 9-hole golf course, heritage orchard, 70 working beehives, a walled kitchen garden, croquet lawn and more.
Aim of the Night Porter role
To ensure that arriving and departing guests are taken care of to Chewton Glen standards.
Responsibilities of the Night Porter
- To assist the Night Manager and other departments showing teamwork and flexibility during the night shift
- Make our guests feel as welcome and looked after through the night as your day time colleagues do through the day
- To take ownership of completing hotel safety checks being fully aware of the hotel’s procedures and health and safety regulations
- To be respectful when transferring guests in our branded electric buggies around the hotel estate to the Treehouse or Kitchen Restaurant
- To gain a good level of Health & Safety knowledge at work including security and fire checks
- Using computerised systems to help colleagues and guests including running reports and creating bills
- To be confident in working alone and as part of a small team showing flexibility to assist with all areas of the hotel at night
Night Porter - about you
- Experience in high standards of face to face customer service
- Full clean driving license
- You will have a keen eye for detail, organisational skills and will be well presented
What's in it for you?
- Service charge on top of your monthly salary
- Free staff meals
- Friends and Family rate at Iconic Luxury Hotels
- 25% discount on all Food & Beverage
- Discount on Spa treatment and products
- …and much more