At Cairn Group we're ambitious. With a varied and extensive UK portfolio of hotels, bars and restaurants in our portfolio, we're focused on continual growth and are in it for the long haul. We are a family owned business with family values at our core, with a growing team and sites UK wide.
About the role…
The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. In this role, you and your team will start our guest's journey with us, often having one of the first interactions they'll have when making their choice to stay in the area. You'll anticipate every detail to ensure a friction-free experience, ensuring all details taken are correct, accurate, and shared across other departments when needed.
You'll respond to guest calls, emails, and enquiries for room reservations, groups, and general information, taking reservations from enquiry to confirmation stage. You'll work with the Sales, M&E and Revenue departments to maximise revenue, also ensuring all data, reporting and systems are up to date. You'll build strong relationships with repeat customers, and support in ensuring we are their preferred hotel choice. A few other duties include inventory control, training, rate and extranet management and achieving monthly targets.
- Strong communication skills through a variety of means
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relation skills to ensure a seamless and memorable experience, proactively resolving any challenges that may arise
- Confidence in handling customer complaints to ensure satisfaction levels are restored in the event something doesn't go to plan
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to stay calm under pressure, adapting your approach to complete routine and non-routine tasks
- High attention to detail and accuracy – great at managing one's own time and that of the team
The Cairn Group’s Holiday Inn Scotch Corner hotel is a historic redbrick manor within six miles of both the Green Howards Regimental Museum and Easby Abbey.
Guests can relax in a room with a flat-screen TV and complimentary Wi-Fi access throughout their stay, or unwind inside the hotel’s Italian restaurant, casual bar, indoor pool or fitness centre.
IHG Staff Rate Scheme
IHG Friends & Family Rate
IHG Brand Training
Cairn Group Staff Discount Scheme
Retail and travel discounts
Recruit a friend Scheme
Induction and training programme
Star of the Month & Golden Ticket Award
Cairn Academy' Training & Development Opportunities
Meals on Duty
Cycle 2 work scheme*
(* Applies to positions above minimum wage)