At Cairn Group we're ambitious. With a varied and extensive UK portfolio of hotels, bars and restaurants in our portfolio, we're focused on continual growth and are in it for the long haul. We are a family owned business with family values at our core, with a growing team and sites UK wide.
About the role…
You’ll be overall responsible for the Kitchen and its staff in the absence of the Head/Exec Chef, directing all kitchen activities and ensuring the preparation of our delicious food - helping create memorable experiences for guests - whenever and wherever they dine. You’ll also ensure quality, kitchen maintenance and inventory functions are kept to the highest standards - to make sure your kitchen is always running smoothly.
You will lead and inspire everyone in the brigade, coaching and mentoring the team to be their best. The main purpose of the role is to manage the quality and food production of all catering at the given venue, lead and inspire the team to deliver the highest standards and ensure legislative requirements are met.
- Excellent cooking skills with a strong understanding of produce and ingredients
- Experience in producing menus that are both creative and profitable
- Excellent leadership skills with experience of developing and leading a team
- Strong communication skills through a variety of means
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to stay calm under pressure, adapting your approach to complete routine and non-routine tasks
- Exceptional organisation and planning skills through Standard operating procedures. High attention to detail and accuracy – great at managing one’s own time and the time of the team
- Drive & self-motivated. Excellent knowledge of kitchen related legislative requirements/audits
The Cairn Group’s Holiday Inn Scotch Corner hotel is a historic redbrick manor within six miles of both the Green Howards Regimental Museum and Easby Abbey.
Guests can relax in a room with a flat-screen TV and complimentary Wi-Fi access throughout their stay, or unwind inside the hotel’s Italian restaurant, casual bar, indoor pool or fitness centre.
IHG Staff Rate Scheme
IHG Friends & Family Rate
IHG Brand Training
Cairn Group Staff Discount Scheme
Retail and travel discounts
Recruit a friend Scheme
Induction and training programme
Star of the Month & Golden Ticket Award
Cairn Academy' Training & Development Opportunities
Meals on Duty
Cycle 2 work scheme*
(* Applies to positions above minimum wage)