Gardener/Maintenance Person - Palace Hotel Buxton
Why wait to make your next career move?
Apply now and you could be working at The Palace Hotel, Buxton! The Palace Hotel is a large 186-bedroom hotel that has conference rooms that can accommodate up to 250 people, making us the best venue for hosting conferences, meetings and special events. The Palace Hotel Buxton has 186 rooms and due to continued expansion, we are looking to recruit a Full Time Gardener/Maintenance Person onto the team.
As Gardener/Maintenance Person, you will be required to;
- Conduct general Hotel maintenance inside and out.
- Have a basic knowledge of Plumbing/Carpentry/Wall Tiling/Decorating skills.
- Work on your own initiative.
- Communicate effectively with both the public and work colleagues.
- Be fully familiar with all Health and Safety instructions relevant to your area of work.
- Adhere to all current legislation pertaining to fire, health and safety regarding the work place.
The successful candidate will have proven experience with gardening, plumbing, tiling and painting. You must also have a keen attention to detail and the ability to take initiative when tackling problems.
Visit our website and look at our stunning landmark hotel!
This position offers the opportunity to work in an exciting fast paced environment!
In return for your commitment, we will support you in this new opportunity, with
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted stays for you and your family at any of our 60 Hotels & 6 Parks
- Meals on duty (Subject to eligibility)
- Uniform (Subject to position)
- Accelerated promotional prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.
Positions are open to all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, candidates of any sexes or sexual orientation. All vacancies are posted both externally and internally on a weekly basis to ensure access to all applicants.