Claims Team Leader / Coach - Leeds
About The Role:
Our in-house Claims team are responsible for handling a range of Employer, Public and Product liability claims. It's a unique set up with a diverse caseload where our Claims Handlers have full ownership from first notification through to final resolution. We are now looking for a Claims Team Coach to manage and develop one of our handling teams.
It's a fast-paced, high volume environment with a strong team ethic where everyone works towards the same shared goals. With a diverse caseload and varied stakeholder group, no two days are the same. Our Claims Team Coaches make a tangible contribution to the quality of claims management, both within their own team and the wider department.
This role would suit individuals with significant experience from a Claims Handling environment with an insurance or legal background who have previously worked in the EL/PL or PI sectors. Previous experience of supervising claims handling teams would be an advantage, but not essential. You will need to have had experience in volume portal or pre-action claims environments.
What you'll be responsible for:
- The development and management of a small team of claims handlers
- Ensuring handlers deal with claims in line with business guidelines/ requirements
- Mentoring and providing training, advice and guidance to handlers
- Providing guidance and instructions to handlers for cases outside of their authority
- Leading your team to ensure effective delivery of KRA's and strategy
- Undertaking regular auditing of handlers' claims
- Managing and handling a small number of higher value/ sensitive Employers', Public and Product Liability claims in accordance with current legislation, court rules, internal and insurer delegated authority requirements
- Providing, analysing and responding to regular reports on team performance, risk cases, control measures etc.
- Identify patterns, trends or other opportunities for wider risk improvement measures to be implemented, and work with key stakeholders to drive performance.
- Identify opportunities for strategic litigation.
- Developing relationships with key internal colleagues and external partners
- Providing input as to ways of working and process improvement across wider team
You will be an experienced handler of EL/PI and PI claims to a multi-track value and whilst not directly handling litigated matters you will need strong litigation and CPR knowledge.
Previous experience of supervising teams in an insurance/ legal claims handling environment is desirable but not essential. It is important though that you demonstrate the right leadership qualities and are able to engage and motivate others.
You'll be dealing with key internal and external stakeholders on a frequent basis and will need well-developed communication and presentation skills, the ability to influence at all levels and cross-functionally. You'll also need the ability to explain complex legal matters to non-legal personnel in a simple and succinct way.
It's a fast paced high volume environment so you will need strong attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to thrive under pressure with good planning, time management, prioritisation and organisation skills.
There is a strong team ethic and you'll be expected to work collaboratively. We are always looking for new and innovative ways to drive the function forwards and the ability to demonstrate creative thinking and a desire to improve the claims handling process would be advantageous.
You'll receive an excellent benefits package which includes colleague discount, share save scheme and a competitive pension. We also like to share our success; after all you made it happen, so every eligible colleague is also part of the Asda bonus scheme. The development opportunities are endless and we'll support you every step of the way throughout your career.