Senior Sous Chef
Senior Sous Chef - Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Are you an experienced Sous Chef with rosette kitchen experience looking for a new challenge?
We are looking for a Senior Sous chef to join our professional brigade and work alongside Jason Hodnett, Executive Head Chef, to produce high quality food for our guests. This role will involve working 5 days out of 7 to include weekends and split shifts.
In terms of development we know the step from being a Sous Chef to Head Chef can be a big one so here at Hand Picked Hotels we aim to equip our Sous Chefs with the skills they need to take that step. From involvement in office and paperwork responsibilities, to people management training courses and annual Sous Chef Master classes, we will help give you the exposure you need to develop your career as a Chef. And of course alongside all of that you get to do what you do best, create fantastic food in our professional kitchens.
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary
- Use of Health Club facilities including gym, swimming pool and fitness classes
- 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS 25% discount of all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- Annual Sous Chef Conference to aid networking and personal development
- Annual loyalty awards (to include overnight stays & weekends away)
- Working in stunning surroundings and in a property packed with character
- Free parking on site
- Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
- Pension & Life assurance scheme
- An opportunity to complete your Level 3 or Level 5 Management apprenticeship – if you would like to do so
- People Management Training courses such as Behavioural Interviewing, Disciplinary Investigations and Appraisal Skills – to help you develop your skills and experience
- You’ll have previous experience as a Junior Sous or Sous Chef within a similar environment
- You’ll be a stickler for hygiene and be able to lead by example and demonstrate best practice
- Your knowledge of food and technical skills will be outstanding
- You’ll want to develop your skills and experience in order to help work with the Executive Head Chef to lead the brigade
- Most of all, you’ll enjoy working as part of a team, encouraging junior members of the brigade and will have an approachable, positive and proactive manner
Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa is 4 AA Red Star Hotel with 70 bedrooms, an AA rosette restaurant, Health Club & Spa and large conference facilities.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Apply for Senior Sous Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly