Maintenance Technician - Prenton
Maintenance Technician - Prenton
At Total Fitness, we are made of more. We provide more ways to get fit, stay in shape, and more support to keep our members focused. Our 17 health clubs across the North of England and Wales provide a full service fitness offering; guided by our knowledgeable and supportive fitness teams, we work hard to meet the individual needs of our members.
We began in 1993 with a strong belief that everyone is better fitter, and our belief is stronger than ever today. We know that true fitness needs variety to keep workouts fresh and engaging, that’s why our large health clubs offer a range of facilities to stay fit- extensive gym floors, three swimming pools, over 70 classes a week, indoor running tracks, ladies only gyms and family facilities. Variety provides our members a route to all-encompassing fitness that lasts longer than a one off spin class.
Over 600 staff, with support from our fitness partners, deliver our purpose daily to over 95,000 members. We’re made of more, because you are.
We are looking for a Maintenance Technician to primarily work in our Prenton club with additional support to our Chester club when required, so a full driving licence will be required and travel expenses will be paid.
What does the role involve?
Our in club Maintenance Technician (MT) supports the seamless running of our club’s through a focus on keeping our pools and club facilities operating safely and taking the lead on opening/closing our clubs. Our MT will help to inspire the club team to ensure member’s safety is at the heart of what they do.
For this multi-functional role, you will need to be highly motivated and passionate about general maintenance, having a specific focus on poolside facilities, ensuring our members experience is a safe and enjoyable one. You will need to be able to operate in a fast-paced environment, have excellent attention to detail, be proactive using your initiative as you support/inspect the club. You'll want to fix things, manage the building and take the lead on all things health and safety.
Reporting into the Facilities Manager, the MT also contributes to the wider success of the club, through our overall experience scores, member recommendations and member retention. It is essential that you enjoy working as part of a team with responsibilities of the overall success of the club.
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- You will want to play a key part in ensuring that the members experience is a flawless one
- You will be comfortable in navigating and managing a pool plant room
- You will have a keen eye for detail
- You will be commercially aware when fixing and maintaining the building and equipment
- You will be a great communicator at all levels, customers, colleagues and external suppliers
- You will have experience in a trade that can be utilised in our business
In return we will offer you:
- Training and development opportunities that will enable you to advance as far as your talent and determination will take you
- 28 days holiday including public/bank holidays per holiday year.
- Free gym membership with a plus one, and 2 discounted memberships for family members or friends
- Workplace pension scheme
- Discount on retail and café products
If you are interested then don’t waste any time and click apply now!
Apply for Maintenance Technician - Prenton
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly