Kitchen Porter - Stirling
Kitchen Porter - Stirling Highland Hotel, Stirling
At Cairn Group we're ambitious. With a varied and extensive UK portfolio of hotels, bars and restaurants in our portfolio, we're focused on continual growth and are in it for the long haul. We are a family owned business with family values at our core, with a growing team and sites UK wide.
About the role…
Your main priority is to ensure our kitchen/s run smoothly by making sure everything is clean, tidy, safe and hygienic. When a kitchen is busy, equipment will need to be cleaned quickly and be ready for chefs and service staff to use. In addition to keeping the kitchen sparkling clean, kitchen porters can sometimes be involved in food preparation.
- Good level of physical fitness - not just because you’re on your feet all day, but also for unloading deliveries
- Ability to work alone with minimal instruction, be self-led and take initiative along with working as part of a larger team
- Good time management skills – Our kitchens get busy, so keeping on top of routine tasks whilst being able to deal with ad-hoc extra duties is essential
- Ability to communicate well across the team
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and follow instruction
- Awareness of hygiene and safety regulations
The 4 Star Stirling Highland Hotel is situated in the heart of the city known as the Gateway to the Highlands. Our stunning Victorian property and ancient observatory hosts 96 bedrooms with a health club and swimming pool.
Built in 1854 as the city’s High School, the Stirling Highland Hotel is within easy reach of both Glasgow and Edinburgh, and perfectly placed for exploring Stirling, the nearby castles and battlefields, and the magnificent Scottish Highlands beyond.
Cairn Group Staff Discount Scheme
Retail and travel discounts
Recruit a friend Scheme
Induction and training programme
Star of the Month & Golden Ticket Award
Meals on Duty
Cycle 2 work scheme*
Free use of Leisure Facilities
* apply to positions above minimum wage