Receptionist - Stirling
Receptionist - Stirling Highland Hotel, Stirling
At Cairn Group we're ambitious. With a varied and extensive UK portfolio of hotels, bars and restaurants in our portfolio, we're focused on continual growth and are in it for the long haul. We are a family owned business with family values at our core, with a growing team and sites UK wide.
About the role...
The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. As a Receptionist, you’ll not only be the person they rely on to handle transactions, offer local insights and anticipate every detail of a friction-free experience, you’ll also create the warm atmosphere that makes our guests feel at home in any location.
Some of the duties you’ll undertake in this varied role include - telephone enquiries, reservations, preparing invoices and taking payments from our guests, conducting end of shift/day banking, and preparing for the shift ahead.
- Experience in a similar or front facing customer service role with an outgoing and bubbly personality
- Strong communication skills through a variety of means
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relation skills to ensure a seamless and memorable experience, proactively resolving any challenges that may arise
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to stay calm under pressure, adapting your approach to complete routine and non-routine tasks. As a 7 day a week operation, shifts will be based on 5 days from 7 (full time) and pro-rata for part time
- High attention to detail and accuracy – great at managing one’s own time
The 4 Star Stirling Highland Hotel is situated in the heart of the city known as the Gateway to the Highlands. Our stunning Victorian property and ancient observatory hosts 96 bedrooms with a health club and swimming pool.
Built in 1854 as the city’s High School, the Stirling Highland Hotel is within easy reach of both Glasgow and Edinburgh, and perfectly placed for exploring Stirling, the nearby castles and battlefields, and the magnificent Scottish Highlands beyond.
Cairn Group Staff Discount Scheme
Retail and travel discounts
Recruit a friend Scheme
Induction and training programme
Star of the Month & Golden Ticket Award
Meals on Duty
Cycle 2 work scheme*
Free use of Leisure Facilities
* apply to positions above minimum wage
Become A Certified Nutrition Coach - Scotland Easy Apply!