Duty Manager 6 Month FTC - Milngavie
Duty Manager (16 hours )
TO EMPOWER OUR MEMBERS TO FIND THEIR GREATNESS WITHIN
The Duty Manager role is responsible for operationally running the club, day to day, across all aspects of the business. You must be organised and have a good knowledge in all areas of the club including sales and fitness and are an influencer and driver on the sales and the fitness targets. You will be an organised individual to ensure all areas within the business and deadlines are met. You will manage individuals whilst on shift to ensure all staff understand their tasks within the day. You will be self-confident in liaising with the Head Office team and external contractors. You will respect and appreciate member feedback and approach the customer in a professional manner. You will have a good knowledge of health and safety management to carry out daily, weekly and monthly health and safety tasks.
A Duty Manager is a brand ambassador who understands the SD core values to create a friendly, productive and enjoyable club environment for all prospects, members and the SD team.
Need to be:
- Driven to work towards targets in a competitive environment
- Able to influence others and build relationships by demonstrating your own skills
- Be able to coach and manage a team.
- Interested in health and fitness and willing to get alongside the team to personally contribute towards PT and Group Exercise performance
- .First Aid trained, (would be willing to train if required.)
- Minimum Level 2 Fitness Instructor Certificate .
- Genuinely interested in the leisure business and customer service
- Enthusiastic and organised
- Flexible with shift patterns.
Need to Act:
- With confidence to communicate positively with club members and show your personality to comfortably be part of the club in both successful and challenging times.
- With enthusiasm, energy and a positive outlook to work and fitness.
- Like a leader, leading by example.
- With resilience to challenges and change.
- With drive and tenacity.
- Demonstrating excellent customer service.
- On all targets set out in front of you.
- Influence all disciplines within the business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take personal responsibility for the overall operating of the club whilst on shift.
- Drive membership sales through lead generation, calls, appointment setting & tours ensuring you personally deliver the agreed individual KPI
- Drive income within other areas of the business including PT and promote the fitness product
- Drive Member retention by ensuring staff deliver great customer service & member experience.
- Be visible during peak times to interact with members & deal with any issues that they may have.
- Control Utilities ensuring any anomalies are investigated.
- Manage KPI and targets on Group Exercise budgets when on shift.
- Assist in delivering any member based gym group training sessions (once training has been provided) at 1 x 30 min session per shift.
- Manage the team on shift to ensure a level of productivity
- Drive Passion for the overall standards and appearance of the club at all times.
- The cleanliness of the fitness gym and all studios by taking an active role in the cleaning of them with support from the cleaning team.
- Ensure all marketing in club is relevant and adhere to brand guidelines.
- Understand all policies and procedures.
- Ensuring branch scheduler and Kronos is adhered to in line with Balance Score card.
- Have personal responsibility for delivery of the clubs Leisure Balance Scorecard and act as an ambassador for the Club.
- Ensure that any maintenance issues in the gym are reported through the correct procedures and that you follow up with Head Office regularly.
- Help manage the Cleaning Team, keeping them updated via regular meetings.
- Carry out regular spot checks around the club issuing to do list’s to the cleaners
- Managing Health and Safety alongside the General Manager and Assistant Manager carrying out daily, weekly and monthly checks.
- A full understanding of GDPR regulations
The Leisure Balance Scorecard
In addition to hitting 100% of the sales target and your individual KPI, we also provide a fantastic bonus scheme, by way of a Balance Scorecard. This will allow you the ability to earn a great OTE on top of your basic salary. The scorecard is weighted towards different criteria associated with your role.