Social Media Manager - Clitheroe
Social Media Manager
We are recruiting for an experienced, creative and passionate individual to join our James’ Places Marketing team to develop both our organic and paid social platforms. You must have a talent for engaging with a wide range of customers in an honest, fun and inspiring way, representing our unique personality and voice with aplomb!
You will benefit from working and growing within a successful and continuously expanding organisation with excellent career prospects, offering a competitive salary. As a Social Media Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the relationship with, and content strategy for multiple sites, including wedding venues, retail outlets, restaurants, pubs and hotels.
- Growing the client UK organic and paid media footprint through the development of the strategic roadmap, creation of engaging content and active community engagement.
- Delivering existing retention and CRM activity as well as developing new campaigns to increase engagement of existing customers and ultimately drive them back to the site to increase ROI.
- Managing retention and branding activity, reporting, and tracking ongoing spend.
- Taking responsibility for content creation and execution, proactively identifying key trends, seasonal themes and pertinent dates, and delivering these through SM platforms.
- The ability to spontaneously capture the spirit of our venues and products through smartphone photos, and posts that capture the essence of James’ Places.
- Responding quickly to business events & requirements requiring Social Media support.
- Building strong relationships with the teams in all venues to understand their unique businesses, support delivery of business objectives and support Social Media Champions in sites to post appropriate content in line with Brand guidelines.
- Monitoring the day to day landscape for customer insight, market developments and use that insight to drive on-going strategy and delivery enhancements.
- Monitoring and reporting on brand sentiment across the relevant networks.
- Utilising external social listening tools to drive branding and customer communication strategy.
- Aggregating, prioritising, and distributing daily content (text, video, competitions and more).
- Working with reporting tools, analytics and reporting software to analyse and report campaign results; using insights to drive further decision making and lead and advise the company in the use and evolution of these tools.
- Working with suppliers and influencers to promote the brand playfully and positively that will reach the right audiences.
- Getting involved with broader marketing projects and events working alongside other members of the team.
We are looking for a Social Media Manager who has the following skills and experiences:
- Extensive experience in developing strategies and campaign with a proven track record of improving key reach and engagement metrics.
- Photo editing skills and experience in using design software.
- Thorough understanding of channels specifically Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn and their potential impact as an acquisition and retention tool, understanding the effect on brand perceptions and how Social can enhance other online (and offline) media channels.
- Proven copywriting skills and track record in the creation and distribution of photography and video content for the likes of Facebook live etc.
- Experience in appointing and working with external agencies and using dedicated digital and media marketing technologies. i.e. Facebook Business Manager, video production, analytics etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, Excel, and PowerPoint presentation skills.
- Minimum 2 years in Marketing Manager/Marketing Co-ordinator (or similar) role
- A track record of success in marketing / digital marketing – please be prepared to demonstrate this
- Exceptional written and verbal communication is essential, we are looking for an excellent communicator in all formats!
- Marketing or PR qualification (degree or equivalent) – preferred
- Flexibility to cover weekends and evenings when required for business events, Wedding Fairs etc
- A true team player keen to work closely with a small team to deliver our Marketing Strategy.
- Car owner essential, mileage expenses paid.