General Manager - Bicester
General Manager – Spa, Health and Fitness
Bicester Hotel Golf and Spa
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic General Manager - Spa, Health and Fitness to join our Health club team. The main purpose of the role is effectively manage the Health Club and Spa operation and consistently deliver a high standards of customer service.
Set in 134 Acres of stunning Oxfordshire countryside, surrounded by 11 Lakes, Bicester Hotel is an established 4-star family owned business. The Hotel offers 52 rooms, 2 restaurants, 3 bars, 24hr room service, 7 function rooms, a Health Club and Spa facilities, and is surrounded by an 18 Hole Golf course. The Payne family are keen to welcome all new employees to the business and see the team as one huge family, all delivering to ensure guest satisfaction.
The role of the General Manager:
- To ensure the Health Club and Spa facilities are maintained to an excellent standard and are fully manned during all operational hours.
- To effectively manage four direct reports within the team 3. Deal with any people issues within the team
- To effectively manage the employees within the Health Club and Spa including recruitment, training, appraisals and performance issues.
- Carry out monthly departmental meetings, additional employee meetings and training sessions as required.
- Ensure a full induction and ongoing departmental training for all employees.
- Opportunities to be taken to promote products and service to guests: i.e. variety of training programs and classes.
- Prompt response to be given to the service needs of customers.
- Accurate payments to be dealt with in accordance with the hotel’s standards.
- All visitors to be warmly received and their needs anticipated in an appropriate manner.
- Positive working relationships to be established and maintained with colleagues throughout the hotel.
- Having comprehensive knowledge of all Beauty Treatments the Forest of Wellbeing is offering
- To ensure consistency with services for all treatments offered within the Forest of Wellbeing Spa and all appointments given by Fitness Instructors.
- To ensure accurate inventory and accountability for retail and professional stock.
- To keep up to date with changes, development and new research in the industry.
Requirements of General Manager:
- To ensure core and departmental standards are adhered to at all times
- Respond to all Health Club and Spa enquiries questions promptly and efficiently
- Interact with members in a positive manner to enhance the Company’s image and ensure member retention
- Excellent interpersonal/human relations skills
- Previous experience of team management
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free membership to golf and health club facilities for full time and discounted rates for part-time employees
- Discount on product purchases, food, drink and room bookings
- Meals on duty
- 28 days holiday entitlement
If you feel you meet the skills and requirements for this role, apply today!
Apply for General Manager - Bicester
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly