Grounds & Maintenance Manager
An opportunity has become available at our stunning resort; Wareham Forest Lodge Retreat. We are looking for a Grounds & Maintenance Manager with some Park Manager responsbilities to join the team located just outside of Poole, Dorset.
The resort is surrounded by lush and well maintained grounds, and is the perfect relaxing location for holidays and short breaks. Set in beautiful grounds with luxury holiday homes, Wareham Forest is a popular destination within the Darwin Escapes group.
We are looking for a Manager who can lead the team, alongside maintaining the running of the Grounds and Maintenance team, ensuring the five star standard is maintained.
On a day to day basis you will primarily run the Grounds and Maintenance department. You will work with the team to ensure the resort and all it's buildings are maintained to the highest standards. You will carry out repair works on lodges, complete renovation projects within company buildings and complete various grounds works. These will include grass cutting, strimming, border edging and weeding.
Alongside daily grounds and maintenance works, you will lead the team on site, ensuring all areas are running smoothly and effectively, including guest services and housekeeping. This will include team training, motivation, rotas and holidays.
This is a varied and interesting role, ideal for anyone with a strong background in grounds and maintenance.
This is a permanent position to full time, variable hours. These will include weekends and bank holiday and may require on call hours so flexibility is essential to suit the needs of the business.
The Grounds & Maintenance Manager position is ideal for anyone looking for grounds and maintenance based supervisory roles around Wareham, Poole and the surrounding areas.
- Be responsible for the day to day running of the Grounds and Maintenance team
- Maintenance of all buildings, testing and repair of hots tubs, lodges and services
- Checking inventories and replenishing as required.
- Ensure and provide maintenance support for all buildings and grounds
- Maintain the highest standards within the resort with due regard to budgetary controls
- Completing staff rotas and training for the team at Wareham Forest.
- Managing the motivation and any issues within the team.
- Carry out day to day grounds works including grass and hedge cutting and clearing pathways
- Keep all grounds clear of rubbish and debris
- All grounds to be weeded, sprayed, watered and properly slated and barked
- Maintain and update all plant and equipment schedules
- Comply promptly with all maintenance jobs required
What experience you will need
- Previous experience in a similar role is desired
What skills you will need
- Excellent customer care standards are essential.
- Strong communication skills through a number of mediums such as over email and face to face.
- Positive attitude with willingness to learn.
What we offer
- Salary pay
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Discounted staff breaks at our luxurious holiday resorts across the UK
- Free use of all Darwin Escapes resort facilities including many of our free gyms and swimming pools
- Food discount across all resorts
- Discounts on spa treatments
- *'Introduce a friend' recruitment bonus
- *100% work attendance bonus
- *Company employee sick pay
- Compassionate leave pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free access to the Darwin Academy training programme to help further your career and skill levels
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health Shield cash plan
- *Subject to terms and conditions