We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Head Chef to join our beautiful pub restaurant The Old Windmill near Chelmsford in Essex!
As Head Chef you'll be hands on to ensure the smooth running of our busy kitchen. That means you'll be cooking and working across all sections, but you'll also create the regularly changing, seasonal fresh food menu. We make almost everything from scratch so this is a role for a Head Chef who really loves fresh ingredients and has a passion for flavours.
We're part of Brunning & Price, a growing group who offer the freedom of a great independent local but with the financial stability and savvy know-how of a big group backing you up whenever you need it. We built our business believing that the most important thing is happy people (both guests and our team), and even though we've got almost 80 pubs now that's still not changed.
- Previous experience as a Head Chef, ideally in a premium pub
- Great people manager with a focus on training and development
- High standards of food hygiene and H&S
- Passion for fresh food and quality ingredients
- Thorough knowledge of stock, GP and labour control
In return, as our Head Chef we offer you:
- A competitive salary with profit share
- Great tronc
- The opportunity to work with fresh, locally sourced ingredients
- Continued training and development
- Genuine work/life balance
- Excellent discount and employee benefit scheme
- Sharesave and pension scheme
- Chef days out to visit suppliers
- A fun, engaging, rewarding place to work with plenty of support
If that sounds like your cup of tea (or G&T if you prefer) and you want to be our new Head Chef then get in touch!
Apply for Head Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly