At Cairn Group we're ambitious. With a varied and extensive UK portfolio of hotels, bars and restaurants in our portfolio, we're focused on continual growth and are in it for the long haul. We are a family owned business with family values at our core, with a growing team and sites UK wide.
About the role...
You will prepare and deliver a busy breakfast service, providing a high standard of fresh food in a busy hotel/restaurant. You will also be able to undertake a varied list of food preparation for the kitchen on a daily basis, support the lunchtime / conference and banqueting operation where required, and oversee the checking of all early morning deliveries. The right attitude and skills will make a big difference to our overall food offering, helping us to continuously improve our reputation.
- A passion for food. Creative, innovative, enthusiastic and motivated
- Ability to remain calm under pressure in a fast paced environment
- High standards of cleanliness and an understanding of health, safety and food safety regulations
- A proactive and organised approached
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Previous and proven kitchen experience within a chef / cook position is required.
This hotel from the Cairn Group is ideally located, as it’s situated in the lively area of Jesmond and is also just a mile away from Newcastle and its huge selection of high-street shops and enthralling nightlife scene.
We offer high-quality accommodation, no matter if you choose a small, standard or executive room.
Cairn Group Staff Discount Scheme
Retail and travel discounts
Recruit a friend Scheme
Induction and training programme
Star of the Month & Golden Ticket Award
Cairn Academy' Training & Development Opportunities
Cycle 2 work scheme*
(* Applies to positions above minimum wage)