Assistant Restaurant Manager - New Milton
Assistant Restaurant Manager - Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa, Hampshire
Aim of the Assistant Restaurant Manager role
To drive the Restaurant forward by motivating the Team, following the lead of the Restaurant Manager and setting the standard for The Dining Room
Chewton Glen is a true English original. From the unique 72 bedrooms including 14 one of a kind Treehouses, to the award-winning spa and state of the art James Martin cookery school, it has an abundance of ways to revive your senses. The blissful 130 acres of woodland are home to an indoor and outdoor tennis centre, a 9-hole golf course, heritage orchard, 70 working beehives, a walled kitchen garden, croquet lawn and more.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary + Service Charge
- Cashback Healthcare scheme after 3 months service
- Staff stays and Friends & Family rate at all our Iconic Properties
- 25% discount on all F&B at Iconic properties
- Company Pension
- Social Events
- Free meals on duty
- Continued career development through training and grants
- Team assistance helpline and access to professional services
- Accommodation available if required
Responsibilities of an Assistant Restaurant Manager
- To take ownership of and ensure a smooth running service is implemented and adhered to by all staff members by means of training and supervision.
- To look at new methods which can be utilised to improve standards and provide a consistent service.
- To be confident in the control, purchase and stock levels and quality of silver, crockery, linen and dining room furniture through stock takes, cleaning rotas and regular spot checks.
- To ensure that training is carried out on the correct procedures whilst instilling a sense of pride and passion for the work.
- Highlighting teamwork whilst working alongside the Restaurant Manager on recruitment and induction programmes
- To take ownership for service in the area of the Restaurant under your responsibility during your shift.
Assistant Restaurant Manager - About you
- Experience in 4* or 5* hotel restaurant is desirable
- Experience in running a busy, restaurant function at a high level is advantageous
- You will have a keen eye for detail, organisational skills and confident in communicating with the team
If you find the buzz and pace of hospitality exciting and feel comfortable working under pressure, please apply now, we'd love to hear from you!