7 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
At Cairn Group we're ambitious. With a varied and extensive UK portfolio of hotels, bars and restaurants in our portfolio, we're focused on continual growth and are in it for the long haul. We are a family owned business with family values at our core, with a growing team and sites UK wide.
About the role...
Great restaurant memories come from many places. The sights, sounds, scents and importantly the food. Your passion for presentation and dedication to delivering high quality dishes will complete our guest’s experience. By taking pride in your workspace, keeping your standards high, and giving our menu the benefit of your expertise, you’ll create some of our guests’ most lasting memories.As a Commis Chef, you will undertake a high standard of food preparation work and basic cooking under the supervision of a Chef de Partie or section chef, rotating through sections such as sauce, vegetables, fish and butchery. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop your culinary skills working for a large growing group –a company which values their staff, and encourages career progression through training and development. You’ll develop your knowledge every day, learning how each area of the kitchen works through training, shadowing, guidance and mentoring. Under supervision, you’ll prepare food and support the team to deliver the highest of standards and guest satisfaction
- A passion for food. Creative, innovative, and a willingness to learn and develop
- Ability to remain calm under pressure in a fast paced environment
- High standards of cleanliness and an understanding of health, safety and food safety regulations
- A proactive and organised approached
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Experience in a similar role / environment and be used to working with a variety of dishes. You will be eager to learn and develop through the support of your peers.
Situated just a few miles from the charming town of Beaconsfield, in close proximity Heathrow airport, our conveniently located 4* luxury hotel boasts a timeless and elegant design. With 138 stylish and modern rooms, gym and spa facilities, an impressive selection of dining options and a custom built signature whiskey cellar it’s the perfect location for both business and pleasure.
Cairn Group Staff Discount Scheme
Retail and travel discounts
Recruit a friend Scheme
Induction and training programme
Star of the Month & Golden Ticket Award
Meals on Duty
Cycle 2 work scheme*
IHG Employee Discounts
IHG Friends & Family Rate
* apply to positions above minimum wage