Senior Software Developer
Since our launch back in 1982 we have taken the sports retail world by storm. With over 500 stores both at home here in the UK and in over 19 European countries as well as a full multi-channel retail website - we are still growing. At Frasers Group we pride ourselves on progression and development of our staff and many of our staff at Head Office have joined us from other areas of the business and have been here for a number of years. In the current retail world that’s quite unique and we invite you to be a part of it.
We are currently searching for a â€¯Senior Software Developerâ€¯ to join us in our IT department, specialising in developing for ourâ€¯ warehouse. Your responsibilities would include developing solutions for our existing and upcoming automation, enhancing the applications used throughout the warehouse, implementing a new Warehouse Management System and much, much more. We are a very data oriented company therefore strong sql and database programming skills are essential.
Key Aspects of the Role:
- Demonstrate analytical and programming skills across a range of platforms.
- Ability to interpret requirements into working code.
- Continually improve skills, utilising provided training materials, and seek to expand business knowledge.
- Agile Development Process.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Develop, test and implement code to departmental standards.
- Work to plans / deadlines provided, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Produce just enough documentation and ensure proposed solutions are fit for purpose.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and reports.
- Ensure that communication to the business is professional, clear and appropriate.
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of defects.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012+ / T-SQL & Stored Procedures or Oracle PL-SQL
- WebAPI and/or WCF
Desired Skills / Experience:
- HighJump or another WMS
- Integration with warehouse automation
- Windows Forms
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) / Git
What WE can offer YOU:
- Competitive salary
- Career opportunities and progression
- Ongoing training and development
- Flexible working with Office and Hybrid Working options available
If you believe you meet the above criteria and feel that this could be the role for you then APPLY NOW!