Procurement Manager - Beverage & Service's - Bedfordshire
At Fridays we’re famous for our pride, passion & personality.
So along with mouth-watering food and tempting drinks, we bring fun, friendliness and an extra large helping of good vibes to the table. It's what makes every day seem like Friday. We’ve been busy wowing our guests since 1965 when we opened our first restaurant in New York. But, we never rest on our laurels. We work hard to help recreate that Fridays Feeling for our guests… each and every day.
Behind every great unique Fridays experience, are our great Managers and Team! They are the heart and soul of everything we do, which is why we’re looking for a brilliant and passionate Procurement Manager – Beverage & Service’s with 3 years+ of experience to join our team here at Fridays.
You will manage the procurement and supply chain for the Beverage & Services categories for TGI Fridays 87 UK restaurants, with a spend of approx. £11 million on drink & £2.5 million on services. Working with suppliers, distributors, food safety partners and the internal team to ensure the highest product quality and service levels are achieved, whilst inflation remains within the annual target. You will partner and support the NPD process, aiding the development and sourcing of our drinks range, as well as ensuring we attain our sustainability criteria. Alongwith supporting new store openings, providing promotional forecasting, and maintaining process integrity for all products under your management.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement & Supply Chain you will be involved in all aspects of procurement for our UK stores. Your key duties will include the following:
- Manage the procurement of the beverage category ensuring all quality, service, food safety and cost targets are achieved
- Manage the supply chain for all relevant items working closely with the distribution partner, ensuring Key Performance Indicators are achieved
- Champion the Food & Beverage policy and drive sustainable sourcing where possible
- Negotiate pricing, rebates & marketing funds for all relevant products
- Manage underwritten stock, rebates and listings income management and price reconciliations
- Manage contractual obligations and maintenance agreements
- Contribute to the New Product Development team with joint responsibility for sourcing new products and ingredients, arranging trials, organising the most cost-effective Supply Chain route to stores, and liaising with our third-party food safety and distribution partners as necessary
- Management of Supplier Information System for accurate allergen and nutritional info for our guests
- Predict accurate stock requirements for new product listings, promotional periods, and new store openings
- Maintain and update all SCM pricing databases, managing a robust new product listing process
- Ensure all cost prices held at a store level are accurate and up to date
- Support New Store Openings to ensure all stores are fully equipped to open to expected PAR levels
- Visit restaurants to check the quality of products delivered and distribution service levels
- Drive the quality control process with our Technical Manager, ensuring regular supplier audits, product cuttings and in store reviews are conducted
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate the following:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a food & beverage orientated supply chain
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a buyer, preferably in food & beverage
- Excellent project management experience and excellent attention to detail
- Restaurant / Hospitality experience would be desirable
- Must feel comfortable working within a £200m+ business or have worked in a more senior role within a smaller company
- The position is flexible with working at home and meeting in the UK and abroad to visit both suppliers and restaurants
- Government Covid-19 guidelines will always be implemented to protect all employees of Fridays including travel restriction over requirements referenced above
About the Brand
With a fun, lively working environment, competitive salary and other benefits, Fridays offers a not to be missed work opportunity. At Fridays we deliver the best that we can to our guests, and this is only possible due to the hard work of our teams. We are passionate about ensuring our teams are well and truly looked after so please see below for some of our great benefits that come with this brilliant role:
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Annually reviewed bonus scheme
- A long list of other perks designed to look after your health and wellbeing