7 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
IMMEDIATE START / Full-Time / Award winning team / Restaurant and Hotel Discounts / Required: Experience in general maintenance
We have a unique opportunity available for a Full-time Maintenance Assistant to join the team at Calcot.
Calcot is a 35-bedroom luxury hotel located near Tetbury, Cotswolds. The Conservatory restaurant in the main house is a light and spacious restaurant overlooking the Calcot grounds, and serves simple but very tasty food. The Gumstool Inn is our very own village-style pub adjacent to the main house, complete with open fire, our fireside grill, stone floors and a proper British pub food menu.
What will we expect you to do as a Maintenance Person?
To assist the Maintenance Manager, carrying out first-class maintenance requirements to the hotel’s buildings, services and equipment.
Duties will include:
- Assistance with the general maintenance across the site - performing multiple repair and maintenance tasks, which could include, but not limited to: minor electrical jobs, painting, outdoor work, gardening and general facility repairs
- To carry out effective repairs for all reported faulty/damaged equipment
- Carry out preventative maintenance checks
- Carry out and complete small building works
- Move heavy equipment/furniture using specified equipment/advised manual handling techniques as and when required
- Assist and respond to any immediate breakdowns/damage and repair as required
- Report any risks or possible H&S problems to management
- Ensure that the machinery is regularly maintained and kept in good and safe working order
What do we look for in a Maintenance Person?
- We are looking for a friendly, honest, committed individual with formal training and experience in maintenance
- Sound knowledge and ability to use machinery
- A professional attitude
- Ability to work to a very high standard without the need for supervision
- Knowledge and experience in many aspects of repair & maintenance work
- Must be able to work alone without the need for supervision
- Fit and capable of heavy work
- Self-motivated and a good communicator
The perks when working for The Calcot Collection:
- Personal development programmes through the Calcot Academy
- 28 days holiday per annum (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Paid overtime and tips
- Uniform provided
- Meals while on duty
- Free car park
- Long service awards
- Discounts on stays within The Calcot Collection £50 B&B (T&C’s apply)
- 50% discount on food purchases within our restaurants (Wine & Bar will be charged)
- Spa Discount – 15% off Spa products, 20% off Spa treatments
- Staff Christmas pressie vouchers for use in any of our properties
- Employee assistance programme
Training and support:
The company runs an integrated scheme designed to reach all levels under the banner of the Calcot Academy. We are committed to people development at all stages and the long service of our key staff bears witness to this.
The Calcot Collection is a small privately-owned company that is home to a portfolio of four acclaimed hotels. Not considering ourselves as a group, each of our hotels celebrates its own style and personality and offers a different and unique experience that is signature to their offering.
Apply for Maintenance Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly