Chef de Partie - Single or Couple (live-in position) - Church Stretton
Chef de Partie - Church Stretton
Single or Couple (live-in position) - There are two positions available.
- Location: Longmynd House, Cunnery Road, Church Stretton, Shropshire, SY6 6AG
- Contract: Permanent
- Hours of work: 39 per week, based over any 5 from 7 days
- Salary: £9.42 - £9.67 per hour
How would you like to work for an award-winning company in one of the most inspiring locations in the UK? Where success is not just focused on your ability to cook but also on your work-life balance?
You’ll be responsible for supporting the Head and Sous Chefs to prepare and serve nutritious and exciting meals that reflect the local produce and specialities of the region and enhance every dining experience of all our guests.
Ideally working towards an NVQ 2 / 3 qualification - or with the desire to – you’ll have a couple of years’ experience of working in a busy kitchen and possess a genuine passion for food, teamwork and be ready to take the next step in your career.
- Supporting the Head and Sous Chef to ensure smooth running of the kitchen
- Take ownership of knowing how to prepare and serve each dish on every menu
- Maintain kitchen, personal and food hygiene
- Support with the induction of new kitchen staff
- To be responsible for the correct use of kitchen equipment and stock
- To be aware of and comply with the Society’s policy on the Health & Safety At Work Act 1974, The Food Safety Act 1990(including Allergen Legislation), The Food and Hygiene Regulations and The Fire Regulations
- To engage and interact with guests and team in a warm and friendly way
A little bit about us:
We are a multi -award-winning travel and hotel company and the UK’s largest walking & outdoor holiday provider, operating in over 70 global locations. With more than 100 years’ experience, we’re a co-operative society, owned by our 40,000 members.
Our team of 500 people work together to provide exceptional holiday experiences that inspire friendship, fun and an active enjoyment of the great outdoors. That’s why more than 60,000 guests trust us to arrange their holiday each year.
Join us and you’ll find a professional, welcoming environment that encourages you to learn new skills, celebrates your achievements and enables you to build a rewarding career.
Ideally, you’ll have:
Experience in a similar role A genuine passion and interest for food and cooking NVQ 2 / 3 in professional cooking – or willing to work towards one A strong desire to learn and progress
Competitive salary plus equal share of tips Full board, all-inclusive accommodation including; food, utilities, laundry and wi-fi Pension contributions Comprehensive health benefits package Work-life balance Free uniform 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays accrued weekly Free professional training and development courses Annual 1-week free familiarisation visit at any of our country houses for you and your family plus up to £50 for travel support Exclusive discounts on flights and holidays in the UK and around the world for you, your friends and family Unique opportunity to explore the great outdoors on free guided walks with our guests Paid time each year to volunteer at a charity of your choice and opportunities to take part in events for our nominated charity Free car parking
Apply for Chef de Partie - Single or Couple (live-in position) - Church Stretton
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly