Senior Legal Manager - Leeds
This is a fantastic opportunity for a lawyer who has historically enjoyed the variety in their day to day role alongside legal matters, from people management to project work to analytics and thrives within a fast-paced environment. The job offers something new every day and reaches every part of the business. Fantastic opportunity to work within a new environment where diverse skillsets can be utilised to their full potential."
About The role
We have a fantastic opportunity to join ASDA on a 12-month fixed-term contract as Senior Legal Manager responsible for overseeing the following:- ASDA's claims and insurance teams manage and maintain the Groups' insurance programme alongside claims handling capabilities for a number of our insurance lines. As Senior Manager you will oversee this programme, inputting directly into the risk management, structure and handling of matters within it.
It's a fast-paced, high volume environment with a strong team ethic where everyone works towards the same shared goals. Unique role with extremely diverse day to day responsibilities and project work. As Senior Manager, you have a tangible contribution to make not only directly to our claims management approach, but also the processes and risks within the wider business.
- Managing the claims and insurance team (2 direct reports and 16-18 indirect reports).
- Management of insurance renewals liaising with internal stakeholders, broker and WalMart Risk Management.
- Advising stakeholders on insurance requirements for projects and contracts.
- Overseeing substantial and large loss claims (over 250k).
- Advising the business on risk exposure and driving change to improve our risk portfolio.
- The development and management of the Claims Handling Team, including claims handling strategies and processes, as well as overall technical input.
- Manage and develop effective partnerships with external providers and suppliers across both our claims and insurance lines.
- Mentoring and leadership of direct reports and the wider Claims and Insurance Teams.
- Ensure effective delivery against KRAs and strategy.
We'd love to hear from you if you have/are:-
- Strong academic/degree background;
- UK Qualified Solicitor 7+ years PQE;
- The role requires an individual with strong insurance, claims handling and litigation experience.
- Experience of volume claims handling environments and personal injury litigation.
- Great commercial acumen, and be comfortable in adapting to and providing advice in a diverse organisation on both claims, insurance and risk management.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to influence at all levels and cross-functionally.
- Strong organisation and time management skills with the ability to be able to prioritise multiple and conflicting workloads.
A competitive salary comes with an excellent benefits package including colleague discount, company share save scheme, a competitive pension, company bonus and many additional rewards! Once you're here the development opportunities are as endless as your commitment to your self-development and we will support you every step of the way to help further your career.