Health & Fitness Tutor - Glasgow / Edinburgh
Health and Fitness Tutor – Glasgow / Edinburgh
Competitive Salary + Benefits – Field-based
The Training Room is one of the largest providers in the UK of accredited courses in health and fitness. We are looking for an experienced tutor to be responsible for the delivery of health and fitness courses for us and take on the overall responsibility for the academy or academies you are delivering from at that time dependent on business need.
You will ensure that the delivery of all course material and content meets the Training Room and awarding bodies’ standards. In addition, you will be responsible for managing the e-learning workload for several students, and ensuring the student has the support required to complete their course. This is an exciting opportunity to take on a fresh challenge and develop your career with us!
Some of the key responsibilities of a Health and Fitness Tutor include, but are not limited to:
- Taking responsibility for a group of students and delivering Health & Fitness courses in an engaging and knowledgeable manner
- Managing the course timetable to ensure effective delivery; and managing e-learning workload to ensure sufficient support for all allocated students, be it fast track or e-learning
- Creating additional learning tools for students where applicable
- Ensuring student welfare at all times
- Operating within TTR and awarding body guidelines
- Working closely with other Tutors where required
- Enforcing the student contract
- Planning and delivering assessments to monitor appropriate levels for the course
- Mentoring, coaching and training other PT tutors, where appropriate
The Training Room, founded in 2006, is one of the largest providers in the UK of accredited courses in health and fitness, IT, social care and other sectors set to expand up to 2030. It trains up to 4,000 students a year, offers guaranteed interviews, one-on-one career support and has a track-record of getting 80% of students into jobs with its network of blue-chip corporate partners.
Students benefit from flexible learning delivered by dedicated tutors both online and at academies around the UK. They progress directly from The Training Room to careers with Fitness First, Pure Gym, Your PT, Nuffield Health, David Lloyd, The Gym Group and many other industry leaders in the UK and across the world.
The key skills and qualities of a Health and Fitness Tutor:
- Minimum of 2 years’ industry experience; and at least 1 years’ relevant teaching experience
- Qualified to Level 3 or higher in Personal Training; PTLLS, Cert Ed, PGCE or equivalent; and assessor qualification
- Strong organisational skills and ability to solve problems, with a background of working to deadlines and the ability to work under pressure to achieve deadlines
- Highly self-motivated, forward thinking and goal driven
- Flexibility to cover other sites and ability to travel
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and email
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.