Health & Fitness Course Tutor - East/West Midlands
Health and Fitness Course Tutor Midlands/Nottingham
The Training Room is one of the largest providers in the UK of accredited courses in Health and Fitness. We are looking for an experienced tutor to be responsible for the delivery of health and fitness courses for us.
Working for The Training Room will challenge your teaching skills in the adult learning sector, we are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and motivated tutor that is passionate about educating our learners into their dream careers.
You will ensure that the delivery of all course material and content meets The Training Room and Awarding Organisations’ standards. In addition, you will be responsible for a caseload of e learners, and ensuring these learners have the support required to complete their course. This is an exciting opportunity to take on a fresh challenge and develop your career with an industry leader!
Some of the key responsibilities of a Health and Fitness Tutor include, but are not limited to:
- Taking responsibility for a group of learners and delivering Health & Fitness courses in an engaging and knowledgeable manner
- Managing the course timetable to ensure effective delivery; and managing e-learning workload to ensure sufficient support for all allocated learners, be it fast track or e-learning
- Creating additional learning tools for learners where applicable
- Ensuring student welfare at all times
- Operating within The Training Room and Awarding Organisation guidelines
- Working closely with other Tutors where required
- Enforcing the learner’s contract
- Planning and delivering assessments to monitor appropriate levels for the course
- Mentoring, coaching and training other PT tutors, where appropriate
The Training Room, founded in 2006, is one of the largest providers in the UK of accredited courses in health and fitness, IT, social care and other sectors. We train up to 4,000 learners a year, offer guaranteed interviews, one-on-one career support and have a track-record of getting 80% of learners into jobs with a network of blue-chip corporate partners.
Learners benefit from flexible learning delivered by dedicated tutors both online and at academies around the UK. They progress directly from The Training Room to careers with Fitness First, Pure Gym, Your PT, Nuffield Health, The Gym Group and many other industry leaders in the UK and across the world.
The key skills and qualities of a Health and Fitness Tutor:
- Minimum of 2 years’ industry experience.
- 1 years’ relevant teaching experience (preferred however training will be provided)
- Passionate about delivering excellence and developing the next generation of personal trainers throughout the UK and abroad.
- Qualified to Level 3 or higher in Personal Training; PTLLS, Cert Ed, PGCE or equivalent; and assessor qualification
- Strong organisational skills and ability to solve problems, with a background of working to deadlines and the ability to work under pressure to achieve deadlines
- Highly self-motivated, forward thinking and goal driven
- Flexibility to cover other sites and ability to travel
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and email
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.